• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New plans, finally got me opti. 80x40x40

Just looked through this for the first time. Really good job on the cabinet. The thing that got me to post was when I saw those stainless cylinders ;) I'll take a picture when my batteries are charged up but you could easily set those up for some simple twist/turn GU10 8W bulbs :) I have 4 above one of my 'non scaped' shrimp tanks which is an 80 x 34 x 45 high.

If you could fix them within those cylinders they would do the job for you and you could have all the actual bulbs at the same height with the cylinders (they look slightly different sizes from the picture) making them look at differing levels. If they are open bottom then it should be pretty easily as you just need to daisy chain the leads to each light and then straight to plug.

Will edit with a pic later. Mines a crude build so shows all the gubbins :)

Took a few pics (below) to show how simply they are pieced together. These don't need a ballast as it is built in the lamp. I didn't bother being tidy as this is in a cupboard. lol. Hard even to take the photos :) This setup (plug, 4 x GU10 holders, 4 x bulbs@) costs circa £12. Any old scrap wire was used and these bulbs were something like £25 for 10 so £2.50 each.

2 pics below so I don't clutter your thread. There are a few more others in the folder in this link - Index of /images/emersed/GU10_LED

IMG_0547.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

Sorry if its not what you were looking for. just that shot of those stainless made me think of it. lol

Supercoley1 you have done Exactly what I considered, but I think I want minimum distraction from the tank it self and now feel the chrome cylinders would be a bit much. But that front mean I won't have a go as I change my mind as often as I'm mooching on here.:) I like what you have done especially as its is very cost effective. Thankyou for sharing put as many picks on this thread as you like. Same goes for anyone else we all love pics.( a thousand words)

Looking good Kirk. Glad to see you've got it all in hand. When the CRS come (I'll let you know when Im posting them out) Youll want to have the Co2 off completely on that day (so maybe unplug the lights too), as they are accustomed to high oxygen content levels.

Tidy looking soon-to-be shrimp tank :D
Cheers Nat will do I plan to put the kor 900 where it will turn the surface over abit too:)

No Lindy I will still be wanting some shrimp from you. Just don't want to put too many in all at once incase in the words of boldrick " I'm at home to Mr cock up":)

Thought I'd stick a few pics up after the tank black out. Going to do another next week as not all algae has been affected, but plants have legged it intact they look healthier? Water is clearer so I took some above shots for a change. Also add a glass drop checker.
y4u4ymat.jpg
buje7udu.jpg
ugegu7y7.jpg
4y5age7a.jpg
gu9aja9u.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk now Free

Thanks Richard. :) decided today that enough is enough after the flooring in the kitchen starting to swell up. Stupid here keeps forgetting that the ro is running under the sink. So out with the drill and run a tube outside. I'm hoping I'm slowed back in before it gets too cold.
qupumumu.jpg
been fiddling with the circulation and hydor too. Think thus may work better.
yje3a9ev.jpg
excuse the dirty glass haven't cleaned it since moving earlier.

After netting some shrimp to go today thought it's time to clean pipes move some plants etc. Looks a bit bare at the moment. What do you recon and can you spot the deliberate mistake.?
y2urehyv.jpg
ahu5uhe4.jpg
5anubahy.jpg
thanks for looking all. Cheers Kirk.

Ha ha, I may plant it yet for something different along with the other 2:D

Nice work Kirk, good progress and can only mirror comments on what an ace job you've done with the cabinet! :)

Just received an optiwhite in the same dimensions myself, also going on a wooden block style cabinet, and mine was best part of £200 lol :D

Sounds good Rob I look forward to seeing it progress mate and thanks for the comments.

Right all due to algae problems I've decided to strip the tank Down, I don't think the sand was helping the routine cleaning. So spent most of the morning trying to source akadama near me as I wanted to rush and do it all today. rang Aquajardin and had a good chat about my plans with Stu and headed over to the store for some ada soil. Had a good chat with ed when I got there he's man. Took the small bags of akadama with me to show my plans, 30 mins later I arrived home with this.......
rupejy7u.jpg
couldn't wait to strip the Tank.
5ydy5ave.jpg
y9y3u6u4.jpg
I love this ada and akadama if only I'd done this to begin with as many of you have.
yze2u3eg.jpg
I think it has given a very pleasing look more earthy can't wait to add crs one day.
ze2e8ypu.jpg
it's already planted took about 4 Hrs intotal I'm shattered. I'll get a pic up once it's all cleared up.
y8ugybyv.jpg
thanks for looking all look forward to your comments. Cheers Kirk.

A nice cloudy pic for you.
u7ajenav.jpg

Darren you are right, the Christmas tree was going up the other side of the room just for added disorder:D

Good effort Kirk, pain in the blahblahblahblah this aquarium lark isn't it? lol Enjoyed the pictures of your youngsters and the pike from the weekend :) good result that. Been some decent crocs out up our way recently, really should have a go for them...

Back