• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New lights!!

Martin cape

Just fit these today.

What ya think?

Nowhere near as bright as my Juwel T5's. I have taken the reflectors off too so as light isn't as intense.

u9yvuja6.jpg

This was it with Juwel:

zu2u9e6u.jpg

I hope they make things a bit easier to control. Looking at the comparison, they do seem more suited to your tank, although it's hard to tell from just a picture.
Good luck!

Cheers pal :).

Just dosed some Excel today too the clear things up a bit. Had to turn co2 down a little before. Drop checker was yellow! Maybe take plants a while to adjust to new lights.

Sod's law though. Got light delivered. Got 2 left hand brackets! Not a right and left. Had to contact them to its a make shift right bracket at min lol. Back to front.

I'd like to get some Blyxia, looks sweet, can I ask how many plants you have in that goup so I can get an idea of how much I need to get?
cheers pal
Clive

I'd like to get some Blyxia, looks sweet, can I ask how many plants you have in that goup so I can get an idea of how much I need to get?
cheers pal
Clive

I started off with about 15 plantlets from a guy on here. I've since separated a couple to get the look I have. Maybe about 20 in there now. They have grown a look bigger since I put them in mind you. Really I could do with up rooting and separating some. I don't like interfering though lol.

Hi Martin, what do you think of the overall quality of the light unit? I was thinking of getting one for my 160 l 100cm tank.

Hi Martin, what do you think of the overall quality of the light unit? I was thinking of getting one for my 160 l 100cm tank.

They are good for the price. I thought build quality would be a bit better. The Perspex bulb cover is just a thin flimsy with of acrylic. Reflector is just held in behind bulbs by the bulbs. I took that out to have less light.

Overall I'd recommend. It now stands about 6 inch higher than standard light unit.

I'm still waiting for a new bracket though. Got 2 left hand ones, no right.

Looking good martin, as others have said I too hope things improve nd bba clears up. Am I right in saying your tank was closed at the top before? My amazon cube is closed at the top. I've always woundered how if less co2 escapes a closed tank and if that has an impact on plant /algae. That said for year I thought my fish would die without an air stone lol. Open top tanks look better inmho. We are allways throwing foam rugby balls and paper planes around the lounge so closed is the only option here.:)

Haha. Yea it was closed. But I tell you something. I've just topped the water back up to the max line. I've lost 4 litres in 4 days with it being open topped!!

:) I have noticed when I lift the lids that there's a lot of condensation.so imagine I would loose a fair bit too. Id be more worried about coming home to the shrimps making papiermache from those paper planes that landed in the tank.:)

I started off with about 15 plantlets from a guy on here. I've since separated a couple to get the look I have. Maybe about 20 in there now. They have grown a look bigger since I put them in mind you. Really I could do with up rooting and separating some. I don't like interfering though lol.
cheers mate that gives me some perspective ta

They are good for the price. I thought build quality would be a bit better. The Perspex bulb cover is just a thin flimsy with of acrylic. Reflector is just held in behind bulbs by the bulbs. I took that out to have less light.

Overall I'd recommend. It now stands about 6 inch higher than standard light unit.

I'm still waiting for a new bracket though. Got 2 left hand ones, no right.

Cheers, I need some nice lights to replace the ugly hood on my tank

Back