• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New led light system

Samjpikey

Hey guys I'm not sure if anybody else has come across these new type of led light but I did today and thought I would share my findings ,
The company has a Facebook page called Poseidon lighting .

They are a uk based company and they say they are just as good as Crees, are fully 100% dimmable, waterproof and basically plug and play , I think they do 5500k, 10000k, red and blue LEDs .
Here are a few pics and the prices for 4 of the modules is £24 , the prices are for leds plus power supplies etc, for example a standard package would have the calculated amount of leds and each kit contains 2 x power supplies and mini plugs/sockets for complete independent switching for daylight and moonlight effects so there no electrical knowledge required as its all plug/play, no wiring/soldering and its all future proofed by simply plugging in extras (including 24 hour 2 channel programmable light simulator) if /when required
The 24 hour programmable simulater is £85

Video here

Q4SVJ5B.jpg

tzgWHAu.jpg

NBOxsrr.jpg

xtkZVXd.jpg

EEnbr9L.jpg

Cheers

Poseidon lighting on Facebook is a scam group, they are over charging for LED modules anyone can buy at a much cheaper price on eBay

( 20x White 5730 SMD 4-LED Module Waterproof Light Lamp Modules DC 12V for DIY | eBay )

When I challenged the admin on the Facebook group on the specifications of there modules all they would say is that there modules are better then the cheap ones on eBay, little did they know I have both sets and they are in fact them same, in the end they kicked me off the group simply for asking questions about the light units there selling which in my opinion any customer should have this information really available! this allow sets of alarm bells not to mention making outlandish statements like "out modules are better then Cree"

This is just a warning for all, if you want a cheap led light unit then save yourself a few quid and buy them off eBay.

Hi Samjpikey, did you go with led's in the end? I enquired about them on another site and have since received a private message from the Poseidon group, but I have to join the group to get further info, hence Google brought me here

Hi. ,
Not these LEDs no ,
But if I was to diy my own led light again I would definatley use gu10 LEDs (straight off 240v) with a led dimmer switch .
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Am I correct in thinking GU10 are the same as the ones in kitchen type spotlights, the number rings a bell

Have you any ideas how this could all be waterproofed and how warm it would all get? I'm looking at lighting a tall corner tank

Thank you, now I have that thought in my head, as long as it can be made safely then it makes a whole lot of sense.

Thank you, now I have that thought in my head, as long as it can be made safely then it makes a whole lot of sense.

These can be fitted in a shower room with the correct housing , should be fine for an aquarium

You can also go as bright as you like if you included a dimmer switch.
Cheers

emete8uv.jpg

Just an example of gu10 LEDs . I'm not saying it's the best fixture but at least it gives you an idea :)

Attachments

• emete8uv.jpg
    emete8uv.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 160
Back