• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

new co2 setup help needed.

Bertie

Hi All,
I have just recently changed my complete CO2 set up. New adjustable Regulator; Regulator attached BC; new UP Inline Atomizer, and something is wrong.

With my previous setup with an Intense Inline Atomiser everything was running fine at 3.5bar on the old Regulator, but decided to change everything.

Firstly with the Intense Atomiser the new Reg run fine at .3mpa but I replaced it with the new UP Atomiser and that run ok for a few days but then yesterday I had problems.

After the initial burst of co2 the bc dropped dramatically and after waiting 30mins the bubble count almost came to a halt. I disconnected disconnected all co2 tubing and then re-connected and everything ran fine for the rest of the day.

This morning the same thing happened so after waiting this time 40mins, I disconnected the co2 tubing and re-connected again and I also increased the working pressure to .35mpa. Again the bc increased and appeared ok.

I now have a very,very fast bubble rate ( a lot faster than previously and way beyond counting) but the fizz in the tank is nowhere near what I feel it should be and the drop checker is barely out of the blue. I have checked a few times for leaks and have found none even around the Reg connections so I am now completely stumped.

I am about to turn off the lights and the co2 as I do not want any algae after overcoming the algae that I had.

Any ideas please. I will be disconnecting everything a bit later and setting it up all again, although I will leave the Atomiser connected to the hoses.

I will restart tomorrow and see how it goes tomorrow but any help would be really,really appreciated.

Thanks

Found the cause of the problem! I drained the filter hoses and stripped it all down. I then tested the Atomizer in a bucket of water and there is a leak. Obviously from a very fine crack on the top of the atomizer near where the co2 tube goes on. So the Atomizer is Duff! So I have put my other Inline Atomizer on and everything is now ok!!

What a pain, glad you've found the problem though. Can you exchange your duff atomiser?
Hi John, Yes I am sure that it would be exchanged but it looks a lot worse for wear now after I launched it at the wall in my frustration ;)

Bummer bertie. I've got the new up inline too and it works great. Its just unlucky you got a duff one. If they swap it for a working one you wont be disappointed.
Which reg have you gone for?

Hi Big clown,
I am using the dual stage from one of our sponsors and I am now using an Intense inline Atomiser............the duff one is even more duff now after I bounced it off the wall in my frustration/temper. ;)

Back