• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros RGB Vivid - looks VERY promising

I'm just waiting for my shades to arrive...I have my light raised quite high above my tank, so the shades will help to prevent light spill. anyone have any ideas how I can hide the cable?
Waiting for the pics, As I was looking for them too :)

Finally arrived, quite literally on the slow boat from China!

8DA821D6-79A4-4BE2-B240-133FD7C80273.jpeg

i order 120 chihiros wrgb 2 and arrived today.
everything good but dispointed:(
what the heck with box package?
where the original box?
because corona stuff they cant shipping with original box?
i cannot jugde its new or used. o_O

and one more.
power adapter size ...
for second i want throw it but.. 😩

i hope my mood will change after my tank arrive and see how this led will work.

Attachments

• F94BB444-4A7A-44F6-BA96-346A35189B18.jpeg
    F94BB444-4A7A-44F6-BA96-346A35189B18.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 207
Finally arrived, quite literally on the slow boat from China!

Pleased to see your order eventually arrived Wooki. I ordered a plain and simple A401 Plus for a new shrimp tank and hopefully it's on the boat that set sail after yours. How long did your order take overall?

i order 120 chihiros wrgb 2 and arrived today.
everything good but dispointed:(
what the heck with box package?
where the original box?
because corona stuff they cant shipping with original box?
i cannot jugde its new or used. o_O

and one more.
power adapter size ...
for second i want throw it but.. 😩

i hope my mood will change after my tank arrive and see how this led will work.

Hmmm strange they didn’t ship it in the original box, Mine came in the original box even though they crammed the fitting kit and the two shades in there too.

Pleased to see your order eventually arrived Wooki. I ordered a plain and simple A401 Plus for a new shrimp tank and hopefully it's on the boat that set sail after yours. How long did your order take overall?

To be fair I ordered mine on 16th April in the middle of a global pandemic lockdown, so all things considered a month isn’t too bad! Lol

Anyway I test the light briefly last night, and I was quite shocked by the difference in comparison to my current Fluval Plant 2.0. I’ve always though the Fluval gave a bit of a yellow cast, particularly when I’ve added bright blood red pieces of pepper for the shrimp, for them to suddenly look orange in the tank, but the new Chihiros light has made me realise that the Fluval is almost all yellow.

With the Chihiros on 100% for all three channels, the red are incredible; my Embers and Bloody Mary’s are almost luminous oranges and reds by comparison, and the greens are also incredibly strong, I actually had to dial the green back a little as it seemed a bit too much. With the Fluval I’ve always been concerned that my Anubias looked a little yellowed and malnourished when viewing from above the tank, with the Chihiros they look like completely different plants.

On just that first brief initial test, at 100% on all three channels, I think the colours are a little too much, and look a little artificial (or possibly I’m just not used to them), but after a couple of minutes of playing and dealing the blue down slight and the green down slightly more, it looks fantastic.

If difficult to really capture the difference on a camera, particularly on a phone, but these shots might give a little idea:

Fluval Plant 3.0:
55B6EA57-2074-4672-842F-6D68A7AE8385.jpeg

Chihiros WRGB II:

9F10947E-216A-406C-A2DD-3953AF493491.jpeg

I should probably also mention that the Chihiros app seemed to work fine, finding the light straight away - though I haven’t tried to set up scheduling yet. Also the blue light at 1% is sufficiently low enough to act as a moon light.

Out of interest what are Vivid owners settling on in terms of the RGB mix percentages?

I take it back - the Chihiros app is a pile of s@#t! After working fine for half an hour, it now loses connection every 10 seconds!:mad:

OK, so anyone here having problems with blu-tooth connection on an iPhone with the latest version of the app?

OK, so anyone here having problems with blu-tooth connection on an iPhone with the latest version of the app?

I have found with some software it's easier to connect to certain apps by first enabling airplane mode and then using wifi or bluetooth. My fluval 2.0 would rarely connect unless i did so.

I have found with some software it's easier to connect to certain apps by first enabling airplane mode and then using wifi or bluetooth. My fluval 2.0 would rarely connect unless i did so.

Thanks Sammy, I’ll give that a try. I’ve never had a problem with my Fluval Plant 3.0, it’s worked flawlessly from day 1, so this connection issue is a bit of a pain, especially as it was working fine for half an hour leading up to it. Just hoping it’s not a heat released issue.

Tried that and it didn’t make any difference. I’ve contacted Chihiros, and they’ve asked for screen shots etc, so hopefully they’ll come up with a solution.

OK, so bad news for me on this one:

a) it seems Chirhiros believe there is a fault with the LED controller.

b) They have stated that they do not offer ANY warranty cover or support for their products if purchased through AliExpress!

Given AliExpress is the only way to purchase these lights in the UK, and you are presumably buying from authorised resellers who are buying the lights directly from Chihiros, this is very very disappointing.

I’ll be raising a return request through AliExpress now, and I’ll presumably have to stump up the cost for return shipping to China.

The plot thickens. Chihiros are now telling me that I can purchase a replacement controller for the WRGB II, and they even have a month old YouTube video on how to go about replacing the controller on their brand newly released light:

Any one know the Chinese for “known fault”?! :shifty:

I'd just give up and return it. It's a pain in the ass any time I have to change anything in my wrgb settings and I've had three different controllers. I'll be sticking to twinstar with a plain old timer.

I'd just give up and return it. It's a pain in the ass any time I have to change anything in my wrgb settings and I've had three different controllers. I'll be sticking to twinstar with a plain old timer.

To be honest I could just stick a timer on this, and have it turn on and off, but if I was going to do that I’d get an ADA light. I didn’t buy this light for cost reasons, I bought it because it’s the only one on the market that has full RGB LED’s and has full controllability for intensity, colour mix and on/off ramping/scheduling.

Out of the box, for me, the colours need adjusting, the greens are just too OTT. So without the controller working it’s not usable.

I could, and I might, return it, but that will cost me at least £35 in return shipping to China. A replacement controller if $8 plus shipping. So I have a decision to make!

To be honest I could just stick a timer on this, and have it turn on and off, but if I was going to do that I’d get an ADA light. I didn’t buy this light for cost reasons, I bought it because it’s the only one on the market that has full RGB LED’s and has full controllability for intensity, colour mix and on/off ramping/scheduling.

Out of the box, for me, the colours need adjusting, the greens are just too OTT. So without the controller working it’s not usable.

I could, and I might, return it, but that will cost me at least £35 in return shipping to China. A replacement controller if $8 plus shipping. So I have a decision to make!

Hi,

Sorry to hear that your wrgb2 has some issue...well, chihiros really needs to improve their service and QC! It seems that their aren't many issues on the vivid series but those less expensive wrgb series got some room for improvements.:bored:

In the end I would say the colors you get from this Lightning is Worth trying the 8$ diy trick, hope you'll sort it quick by
ollowing their instructions (pretty ridiculous on a new product but hey, at least there is an video
:facepalm:
).

At first, I also felt that the greens were too OTT but you'll eventually get used too it, and running it full blast like I do now. ;)

BTW are you using the 'my chihiros' app with the red dragon logo? Because that's the one I use and it works flawless, the old one won't work with those new led series.

Back