• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

New Chihiros Online Store

I agree and wish I could. My ceiling is nearly 5 meters high and I am renting so don't want to be drilling holes and the back wall is made out of some brittle red bricks.

Child and midget glare aside, if you did want raised lights, there are systems you can get to bolt onto the cabinet instead:

KessilExtensionMount_be2471e2-e5d3-44d6-9090-23dd715b2149_1024x1024@2x.png

Or ones that attach directly to the glass rim (though I'll admit they make me a little nervous):

b2a1f2519e68daa33f23ae405e2fbe55_750x.jpeg

Been there done that. I had the rim version for the VIVID2, which I then sold because not suitable for a 90cm tank. Spread is pretty bad and you need to raise the light considerably to have proper coverage. Then you get light bleed and eye sore....
Ultimately the point was I would like Chihiros to make a wider light, that targets farmers and dutch style users instead of one having to resort to having 2 lights as it is currently done by many. I don't want to be dealing with 2 lights, 2 power supplies for a 90 Cm tank.

Back