• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need some help with selecting a new filter.

Bradley

Seedling
Hey guys, looking for some advice.

I currently have a 4ft x 1ft x 2ft (W x D x H) Its stocked with 5x 5" Discus, a shoal of Rummynose's and a group of Panda Cory's. Its pressurised CO2 and high light so will be densely planted.

However I currently have a APS1400 filter(old version) and its no where near 1400 litres per hour. So now with my discus growing and the increased plant mass for the water to move through, its just not good enough.

What do you guys recommend? I've been tempted with the Ocellaris 1400 from Aqua One but I'm struggling to find any reviews.

Huge thanks in advance.

Edit: Its 260/270 litres (Can't remember which)

Last edited:
Tetratec EX1200+
or possibly the smaller 700.
I'm running the 1200+ on a 5x2x2 Uaru tank the only problem is the high flow down the tank which I'm in the process of trying to rectify without reducing the flow through the filter.
I also run Eden 522 filters on other tanks, only because they were discontinued & on special offer at least 50% lower than I could find online & up to 200% lower than some retailers.
The Edens are fine, a little top heavy perhaps but I'm impressed with the Tetratec £99.99 on eBay including next day delivery.

Back