• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

need some help with my general setup

plantnoob

the problem
getting good even flow/distribution . starting to get hair algae creeping back in . blyxa seems to be suffering/melting . im trying different configurations and i seem to be ending up with plants blasted all over the place some areas , little to no movement in others . or fairly good flow in most areas with a big dead spot . struggling to get good configuration . pumping in really high amounts of co2 , bubble counter showing very fast bubble rate , must be easily 3 or 4 bps .

equipment at my disposal

eheim 2213 ( co2 via up inline atomiser) , new wave 1.6 circulation pump , and newjet 400lph powerhead .

i have just changed it to spraybar central on the rear wall flowing toward front wall , 400 lph powerhead to the left , on rear wall flowing directly forward to front wall . new wave 1.6 on right hand side aimed at front wall , slightly toward the right .

did think about making a full length spray bar for rear wall , but not sure if the 2213 is strong/powerful enough . ideally id like to crack it without shelling out even more money if possible .

think , touch wood i seem to have found a happy medium with the configurqation , but it just occured to me that maybe now ive dramaticly increased plant mass , do i need to up my dosing ?

regime is as follows
macro: 6 tsp potassium nitrate , 6 tsp magnesium sulphate and 2 tsp potassium phosphate mixed in 500ml dosing bottle
micro: 2tsp chelated trace elements in 500ml dosing bottle
25ml 3 times a week of each on alternate days .

Back