• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need opinions and critique for my hardscape.

boleh-lah

Hello, this is my first proper aquascape. So I need from experienced scapers to give opinions about my hardscape.I spent around 2 hours setting up this layout, balancing the stones and wood. I planned to add sand on the foreground.
Any space for improvements?

20231206_023334.jpg
20231206_023557.jpg

Would you consider shuffling it all to the left, adding 1-2 more supporting wall stones, and making it more of an island style scape?

I think your layout looks awesome already !

Hello, this is my first proper aquascape. So I need from experienced scapers to give opinions about my hardscape.I spent around 2 hours setting up this layout, balancing the stones and wood. I planned to add sand on the foreground.
Any space for improvements?

View attachment 213553 View attachment 213552
The concept is there. It just needs bigger pieces of wood and refining so it’s not so uniform.

I think you need to be happy with it and that is what matters, really. Unless you are planning to enter it into competitions, which I assume you're not. I think it will look good with the right planting. I agree with Ollie above, moving it away from the glass side will help you with maintenance and keeping the glass clear. Be interested to see how it comes along!

I think you need to be happy with it and that is what matters, really. Unless you are planning to enter it into competitions, which I assume you're not. I think it will look good with the right planting. I agree with Ollie above, moving it away from the glass side will help you with maintenance and keeping the glass clear. Be interested to see how it comes along!
Thank you!

Would you consider shuffling it all to the left, adding 1-2 more supporting wall stones, and making it more of an island style scape?

I think your layout looks awesome already !
I think I will stay with this lay out. Thank you!

Back