• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need insight on lighting

Seb1

Seedling
hi everybody, Im getting a new 80G tank 120x50x50cm high tech with CO2 and im wondering if 2 -48'' T5Ho would be enough light or should I opt for 4 ? thx

I use four 54 watt T5 bulbs over my low tech 80 gal 300 litre but ,,I must hang the fixture above the tank nearly eight inches.
Otherwise I experience problematic algae due in large part to no CO2 other than that produced naturally.
Me thinks you could use four bulb fixture if...you have the ability to raise or lower the fixture.

Also consider light distribution across the surface area of the substrate - especially as you add hardscape & plants grow in.
If you're able to begin with 2 lamps & then easily upgrade to 4, do so, if you're buying a higher $$$ fixture, I'd want flexibility.

Agree with that I would opt for four , use 2 . But if 4 were needed later. T5 HO tubes you will need CO2

I have 10 lbs CO2 system so that's not a problem so 4 should be best I guess
Considering I want high light plants ..

I was wondering if ODYSSEA 4-t5ho 6500k with timer was any good ? 150$ is pretty good price but is it worth it or cheap ?

Dont know much about that make ,all I can say is a I purchased a economically priced luminaire 4 tube(from All Pond Solutions) about 3 years ago never had a problem ,changed tubes for different rendition. What I would consider though is - is the unit supplied with a optional hanging kit?Mine doesnt.You may want to raise your lighting at some point I had to raise mine with DIY .Some have better control of lighting options.

Back