• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Natural Food for Shrimps

NanoJames

Hi guys:wave:
I saw on Freswater Shrimp's website that they sell nettle sticks. I live in a place where there is an abundant source of nettles that really annoy my dad so he would be happy to see me making a dent in them!:lol: So I was wondering, is there anything I can do with live nettles? How would I prepare them for going in my tank, if they can go in my tank? Any advice is appreciated! Also, if anyone has any other natural foods that work for them please tell me about them!
Cheers:)

Blanche then freeze in ice cube trays is how I have heard of it done. When they pop up my garden again this year I'll be trying.
Cheers nduli! Do you have experience of using this method? I have a spot of bother with my guppies sometimes stealing the shrimp food so I'm hoping that this might stop that as I don't see why guppies would want to eat nettles!:)

Hi guys, back again!
I also have some Oak logs in our courtyard which still have bark on them. I know that you can use bark but does it have to be fresh? The stuff on the logs is dry... I also got some courgette yesterday.:)

Back