• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano or small 17mm lily pipes

Deano3

Hi all I am soon setting up a 60p and have a fluval G6 filter I will be using only thing is I don't want large 17mm lily pipes I antes smaller nano pipes is there any small 17mm lily pipes any one knows of ? was contemplating reducing to 13mm but don't want to loose too much flow and damage the filter in anyway so not sure about that and my stand only have holes to accommodate the 13mm maybe a little larger ,cannot make larger so the tubing of the g6 would be squeezed slightly any suggestions or opinions would be great .

thanks dean

Aquarium plant food do a nice range of glassware. They have a 17mm nano inlet. I use one of their glass exit pipes sans the spray bar ( comes in 17mm). Looks nice and does the job well... never fully understood the reasoning behind the shape of lily pipes... is it something about slowing the flow down? Looks cool? I'm completely clueless but surely once it hits the other side all the fluid sales bumf is out the window?

Mostly want one because of the aesthetics as they look better, suppose squeezing pipes is same as reduction from 16mm to 13mm lol don't want to loose much power that's only thing what puts me off reducing size wish I made holes bigger now in cabinet lol think George reduced his to 13mm but cannot find any info or get in touch with him

Thanks Dean

You think will be ok here as tight fit though cabinet only in one place but really just makes longer so should be ok 12mm wide and 20 long instead of 16mm internally ?

Thanks Dean

abededej.jpg

Obviously it's only going through so a 18mm section of tube that's all you think should be fine and shouldn't reduce flow much at all ?

Thanks Dean

Last edited:
Might just stick with 17mm if will be ok you think the squashed pipe going through stand will be fine ? Thanks for ur input mate

Thanks Dean

Back