• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My planted tanks

Simple but very nice. If it does not require too much maintenance - it's wonderful home trank. You can enjoy your fish rather than worrying about plants.

Thanks Alexander. The left hand side needs more time to grow back in the next several months, but I'm happy with it

Just photo update

28936672090_72246cea01_c.jpg

29146263791_bdd9707da5_c.jpg

29190611956_883117d92d_c.jpg

29116737142_2f5a97826d_c.jpg

29190892186_07b7cc2b9a_c.jpg

28604201793_805ff821b8_c.jpg

Little redness to the foreground

29224663335_ebe9d76e3a_c.jpg

29224879755_5e84297a54_c.jpg

and greenness to the middle
29191118446_3dda2a871b_c.jpg

Next trimming is coming very soon

Not sure why my Rotal Rotundifolia is losing its redness. Instead its colour is now pink. Meanwhile Helanthium tenellum is gorgeous with its redness

29233361102_feabb123cc_c.jpg

Did a trimming after looking at this picture showing up on my screen
29233517542_1f1d522007_c.jpg

I can see some black spots showing on Anubias leaves. Anyone has idea about it?

My anubias also got some black spots on its leaves previously and I think it could due to the lack of nutrients. Normally, anubias store "energy" in the rhizomes and that energy will release slowly to the leaves for it to develop. So when you see the leaves has black spots or yellowish, might be the sign to dose more fertilizer to your tank.

Sometimes, melting leaves also due to the change of environment from emerged to submersed under water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My anubias also got some black spots on its leaves previously and I think it could due to the lack of nutrients. Normally, anubias store "energy" in the rhizomes and that energy will release slowly to the leaves for it to develop. So when you see the leaves has black spots or yellowish, might be the sign to dose more fertilizer to your tank.

Sometimes, melting leaves also due to the change of environment from emerged to submersed under water.

Added more dosing and black spots disappeared. Thanks for your suggestion Jacky. Ka me ka me ha!

It's time for a new update. I took down 125x45x55 and 35 cube. Sold the 35 cube and sent the 125x45x55 to local store to make an adjustment to 125x60x60

29976012610_1ae4a0bf4d_c.jpg

Had a quick video chat with Ryan this Tuesday and he asked me my plan to for it. I have yet decided for the layout but briefing him about the convex or island layout where I am going to reuse my plants, substrate and sand

d54197e39657b1b3c78ed61c3141fc12.jpg

Wip

Last edited:
Hello there

Hello Ryan!

Anh Bui, that tank size 120x60x60 is my dream tank, man! Don't know when can I have it on my own due to the space constraint. Hehe. How did your local store adjust the tank? Nicely done!

Can't wait to see your new aquascape! ☘️

Hello Ryan!

Anh Bui, that tank size 120x60x60 is my dream tank, man! Don't know when can I have it on my own due to the space constraint. Hehe. How did your local store adjust the tank? Nicely done!

Can't wait to see your new aquascape! ☘️

At the beginning i asked him to make a 125x50x50 from 125x45x55 and add 5cm more for tank stand. He demolished the tank, and we took a look at the possibility of reuse front and back pieces. Then I changed my decision not to reuse but make a new tank of 125x60x60 and add 15cm for stand. So it should be adjustment in double quotes
I also need to rearrange m stuff at home for it, therefore i am going to set it up with the owner and let him take care of it at the first month I can say it's not 100% from me but a co-work

New hardscape material:
Spider-wood
Sedimentary rock
Vietnam's yellow sand
Aqua Minh Long's dirt

Reused material:
ADA powersand
ADA Amazonia
ADA Colorado sand

Hardscape layout: convex

Intended plants:
Anubias nana petite
Rotala super red
Microsorum pteropus v. 'needle leaf'
Trident java fern
Crypt. parva (very small amount)
Cryptocoryne Nevillii (very small amount)
Moss to cover wood branches (yet decided)

Fauna:
20 red-nose tetra
2 Longfin pleco
5 otto

What a beautiful spider woods that you have! This layout is very promising!

I just few the three big branches on the left parallel to each other makes it a bit imbalance. Just my opinion only...

What a beautiful spider woods that you have! This layout is very promising!

I just few the three big branches on the left parallel to each other makes it a bit imbalance. Just my opinion only...

Thanks. We have not finished it yet. I am waiting for more wood to make a final adjustment. I am not happy with right low corner either

Great to know that. For the fauna, I think 20 Rummynose Tetras are quite less for your tank size. I think you can have a school of 50! That would look awesome!

Great to know that. For the fauna, I think 20 Rummynose Tetras are quite less for your tank size. I think you can have a school of 50! That would look awesome!

I have nearly 20 platty in my 80x40x40 and i am going to move them to this tank. Less and focus more on tank's layout and tranquility are my intentions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back