• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My new 2,4m tank. watch this space!

Really interesting looking scape, nice work, will look forward to following its progress.

Love this mate. Cant wait to see it in a month or so time. Will you be shortening the intakes??
You could reverse them and stick the hose on the long end and have the strainer on the short bit to save you having to chop it down

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

thanx. im going to build custom inlet and outlet pipes that looks more neat and fit in the corners of the tank

so was thinking of blyxa aubertii for the left and right edges of the islands? any thoughts on that?

i had it in my cube. it grew fairly easy for me. but did a bleach dip on everything to try and rid snails and lost all my blyxa. so i dont have troubles growing it. u havd troubles growing ludwigia inclinata "curl" and macranda red

IMG_00000712_edit_edit_zps30c0f16a.jpg

well because of the size of the tank and my awesome BlackBerry camera you wont really see progress. but bushes are much more dense because of trimming and replanting and the Hairgrass carpet is also starting to fill in. will take pics in a month or 2 with a decent camera

well i keep mine with a pair of nanocara anomala's and they dont even bother also dont do anything woth the tetras. and leave my largd cherrie shrimp alone. i see my female is starting to fatten up and the male is showing slot of colour towards the female so will see if there is any aggresion when in spawning condition but so far they are chilled easy to keep and probably my fav dwarf cichlid

yeah im pleased just have a bba hiccup on the right in the hairgrass stupid faulty timer switching the co2 on and off during the day. replaced it just waiting for the bba to die back. in 2 minds about the hairgass. thinking of replacing it with UG. pic was taken 2 days after a good trim. ferts was out of stock so getting on monday again

Wow what a ballsy scape mate. The tank is amazing. I wouldn't sleep at night with a tank that size in the house. If it pops a seam it will be like being washed out to sea ! Bet its mesmerizing though.

Great tank shape.

UG will give more head ache than HG ever would.
Monte Carlo might be fun.
Moss stones or Mini pellia etc in various spots with some other bright green plant would look nice and make the wood to appear to creep out from the main log.
You'd need a few smaller 3-5" cm dia branches, maybe 20-30cm long. Use cotton 100% thread and rope the moss on the wood, The ends will go back into the bushes, and the tips will poke out downward in the foreground. Then fill the space in between with Rotala green, Monte Carlo, Downoi, Hygro araguaia etc,

Back