1. You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter or Google account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This site uses some unobtrusive cookies to store information on your computer. For more information click the following link: Cookie Usage

Dismiss Notice

My little pond

Discussion in 'Ponds' started by Kamiel, 16 Feb 2017 at 5:43 PM.

1. Kamiel

Kamiel Newly Registered

I Just see there is also a pond section, verry cool!

Here is the little pond that i've build last summer. DSC_0240.JPG DSC_0404.JPG

2. frederick thompson

frederick thompson Member

Very nice mate. What filters and pumps you running on your setup
    Look in ponds. And you will see my new one. Ten months old now
    Just completed a quarentine grow on last thing went on yesterday heat controller. What fish you got in pond. And what is the volume. How deep.
    Heres my qt grow on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3. Kamiel

Kamiel Newly Registered

Thnx Frederick,

The setup is quite simple and lowbudget. I got two 4000 l pumps running. one of them works like a skimmer filtering trough the plants at the surface, the other has a outflow into the bottom of a container. This way the water is pushed up trough some lava rocks and filtration material ending up in the higher part. Verry simple but quite effective.

The pond is about 3 by 2 meters and 80 cm deep. There are about 12 golden orfe and a bigger Shubunkin in there, and loads of guests like salamanders and frogs. Also there should be a few gudgeons hiding in there.

Verry cool pond you got there yourself, i'll go look for it in the ponds section.[​IMG]

frederick thompson likes this.
  4. frederick thompson

frederick thompson Member

I notice the field behind in the background you live in the countryside. I live in the middle of the city. I bet that brings lots of wildlife. The pond looks good and effective. I have had a pond now gtetting on for 20 years now. I like the way you have done the upper parts of pond lovely
    All the best fred