• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Intial Setup for my Aquascape

Adam Chambers

This is currently where I have got too

KgbrXZe.jpg

I haven't done the carpet plants for two reasons. One is that I just ran out of time to then get the aquarium filled up overnight and second is that I want to get the CO2 and Ferts sorted as well. This will hopefully be done by Tuesday all going well.

Got to see how it grows out then. Once that is done I will make tweaks to it. Of course views and opinions welcome but I probably wont do much until first melt etc and getting the generic shapes of the plants growing in as some are more mature than others which makes the scale look out in places.

Would say I have managed to place all the anubias etc without any glue or string just by making sure I use gaps in the wood and rock. The superglue arrived today though so can do the moss later but again may wait to do with carpet plants on Tuesday/Wednesday.

Last comment would be I would not recommend the Hortilab tissue culture for stem plants. All of mine keeps lifting even with just the Eheim spray bar going at 50% as there just is no route system at all. It should be fine for the carpet plants but the way the stem plants were grown it meant that I only had about 10 out of the 50 odd in the pots actually any good and ended up with the rest going in the bin which is like £20 worth :(

Attachments

• KgbrXZe.jpg
    KgbrXZe.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 277
  • KgbrXZe.jpg
    KgbrXZe.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
  • KgbrXZe.jpg
    KgbrXZe.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 123
  • KgbrXZe.jpg
    KgbrXZe.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 128
  • KgbrXZe.jpg
    KgbrXZe.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 131
Thanks Tim, In regards to the echinodorus quadricostatus they are all small individual stems that I tried to clump 4-5 together and they were still lifting. I think if I had a powder soil over top of the TMC Nutrasoil it may have worked better as the soil isn't very fine and thus does not do well at supporting plants without any roots at all.

You can see some in the centre of the image at the back, there is also some to the left and right sides near the front. Once they get larger and I have the carpet running to them I was hoping they would allow the eye to lead up to the Ludwigia Repens Ruben and Amazon Swords so that it had some height to follow. The carpet would run across the front and through the middle once done. I have about 16 pots of carpeting plant to place so can make an almost instance impact with the space left (I hope).

Thanks for tip though. If I can get a smaller tank sorted for the cabinet I may just move them to there for a while to get them to root and then move back if needed or find them in a grown form or something to replace that is similar.

Cheers Ryan, me neither. Long way to go but it is a starting place. Will get some better pictures tomorrow.

And course, just let us know when your up for a meet up. Also let us know when you and the others are up for a meet your end as well :)

Regards,

Adam

Looks fantastic Adam... What carpet plants did you go with... Baby tears?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Ben, I've got two carpet plants to do the two different areas, the sides will be eleocharis sp mini.

The central will be monte-carlo to give some nice contrast (hopefully)

Have 8 pots of each to go in.

Better pictures should show it tomorrow plus water should have cleared up some as well then.

A few more slightly better photos as stated then.

From sofa
SZ8O5Wl.jpg

Overall
N2OBkgn.jpg

Left Side
REPXBhd.jpg

Right Side
oPdsAJj.jpg

Others
XhQz78L.jpg

SpkSiuO.jpg

wBMAO4S.jpg

Attachments

• SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 110
  • SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 115
  • N2OBkgn.jpg
    N2OBkgn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 124
  • N2OBkgn.jpg
    N2OBkgn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 112
  • SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 110
  • N2OBkgn.jpg
    N2OBkgn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
  • REPXBhd.jpg
    REPXBhd.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
  • SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 112
  • REPXBhd.jpg
    REPXBhd.jpg
  • SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    SZ8O5Wl.jpg
    975.2 KB · Views: 121
  • N2OBkgn.jpg
    N2OBkgn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108
  • REPXBhd.jpg
    REPXBhd.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • oPdsAJj.jpg
    oPdsAJj.jpg
  • oPdsAJj.jpg
    oPdsAJj.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
  • N2OBkgn.jpg
    N2OBkgn.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 107
  • REPXBhd.jpg
    REPXBhd.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 106
  • REPXBhd.jpg
    REPXBhd.jpg
  • XhQz78L.jpg
    XhQz78L.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
  • XhQz78L.jpg
    XhQz78L.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
  • oPdsAJj.jpg
    oPdsAJj.jpg
  • oPdsAJj.jpg
    oPdsAJj.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 116
  • oPdsAJj.jpg
    oPdsAJj.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
  • SpkSiuO.jpg
    SpkSiuO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
  • XhQz78L.jpg
    XhQz78L.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 111
  • XhQz78L.jpg
    XhQz78L.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 110
  • SpkSiuO.jpg
    SpkSiuO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • XhQz78L.jpg
    XhQz78L.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 113
  • wBMAO4S.jpg
    wBMAO4S.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 96
  • SpkSiuO.jpg
    SpkSiuO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 114
  • SpkSiuO.jpg
    SpkSiuO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • wBMAO4S.jpg
    wBMAO4S.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 99
  • wBMAO4S.jpg
    wBMAO4S.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 101
  • wBMAO4S.jpg
    wBMAO4S.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 113
  • SpkSiuO.jpg
    SpkSiuO.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • wBMAO4S.jpg
    wBMAO4S.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 98
I looked these up and was like.. mm these seem cool.. maybe I will get some
-- google -- shopping -- price = O_O

Haha yeah nothing wash particularly cheap with the build but it a one off and really wanted to get it right for the plants etc. So far seems to have gone pretty well. Crypts are being a pain with melting and not seeing as much growth as one would hope for but think it just all needs to settle in and start really rooting and should be good.

The fish mass has helped the plants too.

Back