• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Green Plants Suffer From Yellowing

Mixing macro solution and micro solution as can't be bothered to dose alternate days or just dumping the whole lot in once a week and then meeting iron deficiencies. The iron in micro reacts with phosphate in macro to produce insoluble and plant unavailable iron phosphate.

Does the benefit of dosing daily v. weekly still apply to all in one fertilisers rather than split bottles. I'm using TNC+ weekly rather than daily as I figured it's all mixed together in the bottle anyway.

The fact your HC (MC?) is not too bad, but everything else in the tank higher than that is looking a bit ropey - I would also say the light is too much for fert/carbon levels you're providing.

Of course, there are other factors such as flow and filtration but the light is always a good place to start and then slowly work your way up increasing everything at the same time.

I'd take 1 light unit off, leave 1 on while raising and centering it and go from there.

Hi @ian_m

After a week of applying your instructions you can notice there is an improvement in the condition of the plants

But I noticed there was cracking and weakness in some leaves of the plant, especially the red plants began to lose luster Can you give me tips to take care of those plants please

919D9BFF-AFCC-47BA-8146-13CA3BFBC511.jpeg

Hi @ian_m

After a week of applying your instructions you can notice there is an improvement in the condition of the plants

But I noticed there was cracking and weakness in some leaves of the plant, especially the red plants began to lose luster Can you give me tips to take care of those plants please

View attachment 116823

Pfffffffffff - that looks tons better!

I'm perhaps not the best to ask about the red plants - I struggle horribly with them. But to be fair, what I did learn about them is that they aren't as quick as most to show good health after being in bad conditions. Give it another 3 weeks with this exact routine (change nothing apart from tune the CO2) and have a good look at the plants - they'll certainly be telling you what they need if anything.

Personally I feel recovering from over-lighting a tank for a while is a lot longer process than picking up a nutrient deficiency under normal lighting conditions. The light drives them to complete destruction.

Last edited:
Thanks for reply @HiNtZ

Actually I’m trying to do my best to providing nutrient in the water but I noticed spot green algae appeared on the glass tank

On other hand do you have any adea about twinstar doctor and how it’s work ?

F48FD578-A73B-4768-B090-16544D99CB09.jpeg

Thanks for reply @HiNtZ

Actually I’m trying to do my best to providing nutrient in the water but I noticed spot green algae appeared on the glass tank

On other hand do you have any adea about twinstar doctor and how it’s work ?

View attachment 116876

Green spot shows up with little to no PO4 - get some KH2PO4 in there. You don't need much! It's probably the only algae I don't mind.... it's a great indicator and isn't all that hard to get rid of if you catch it early. I actually clean all my glass with a razor every week so if even 1 little spot shows up in the whole week, I know to add a tad more.

As for the Twinstar purifyer/disinfector thing, whatever it claims to be - never had one, and my tanks look fine. Water is crystal. Seen many, many tanks with them that still have problems - not saying it's the device, just saying I don't think the device is a miracle cure to tank issues/health.

The root causes of the problem are what need to be addressed - prevention is better than cure.

Thank you @HiNtZ

In spite of the condition of plants improved but I’m still worry about plants health and noticed there are holes and black spots on plants leaves also not all plants gives the correct green colour , Sometimes plant new leaf edges weak and begin to decompose below Pics for more information

8785B791-53D5-4E75-9C42-45A395F44A31.jpeg
47965DD0-C779-4CEF-B67B-0FAC1CC30097.jpeg
1CEBE8BA-1DED-4535-9BBD-A62CDA789195.jpeg
1C6240DC-D99A-473E-9F8E-A6A2CA13A2DA.jpeg

6A945812-2E9D-4973-8FA0-B8C6756F1F14.jpeg

I'd increase macros and see how it is in a week. Always keeping an eye on that CO2 - stability is key.

The new growth on the HC is good!

Thank you so much @HiNtZ

will do as instructed above and keep you posted
On other hand I just noticed there are many mosquito on the plants and water surface is this normal or the troubles are coming ?

C461E792-D54D-46D0-8D60-CAEB56AD1127.jpeg
54EAE4D2-C34C-4663-9344-6169E9C36126.jpeg

Hi @Zeus.

I’m using the both as below :

My tank 160 Liter
16 ml of evolution aqua + 6 ml of seachem liquid flourish on Saturday
16 ml of evolution aqua on Sunday
16 ml of evolution aqua Monday
16 ml of evolution aqua Tuesday
16 ml of evolution aqua + 6 ml of seachem liquid flourish on Wednesday
16 ml of evolution aqua Thursday
16 ml of evolution aqua Friday

I’m doing water changes each Saturday 50% of water

What do you meant by PH profile please ?

BF51D9C6-47D2-403B-879A-DCADBF1A3632.jpeg
2EAE512E-2C71-427C-AE2C-779770C8EEA8.jpeg
5B93D657-1089-4696-A7E4-4C05EA8AA764.jpeg

Btw I wouldnt bother with that Seachem Flourish . I really dislike how Seachem thinks they can put anything they want on the label and get away with it .

A pH profile will give a good indication of the relative [CO2] when your from lights on and also highlight any CO2 fluctuations- which is the main cause of issues in CO2 injected tanks.
Basically take the pH of the tanks water from before CO2 comes on every 30mins till lights off or till CO2 off.
The aim is to have as stable/steady a pH from lights on till CO2, it's one of the trickiest things to achieve in a CO2 injected tank and the main cause of issues in CO2 injected tanks.
pH pen very useful cheap ones are OK but good ones much better OFC.

Back