• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My garden 250l - M.Pluta

Ok, thank you vere much, I had never see this beautiful plant

Incredible aquarium plutonow, it`s wonderful. where are you from?

I am from Rybnik (near Katowice in Poland).

What is the plant of the last picture?
Its Eriocaulon sp.
It is Eriocaulon cinereum, I have also Eroicaulon sp it is dif. plant you can see it on first photos near Tonina Belem, Tonina Flavitius.
I love Eriocaulon speacies, cinereum, Japand needle leaf, satecum the same as Tonina Belem :)
Best regards

Now I looking for mato grosso eriocaulon

Plutonow your tank it looks really stunning.
Tell us more about the way of fertilising. What is "toby's reception"?
Do you use tap water?
Regards.
Tomek

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Tell us more about the way of fertilising. What is "toby's reception"?
I've read about it here:
For Dan ... Spezial N - Nitrogen Fertilizer | UK Aquatic Plant Society

Do you use tap water?
Yes I use only tap water changed 40-50% weekly, I've got good quality water from Goczałkowice:
Ph: 6.9
NH4: 0.084
NO2: 0.0023
NO3: 4.888
Fe: 0.045 mg/dm3
Mn: 0.02 mg/dm3
TWo: 67 mg/dm3 CaCO3 ~3.7
Ca: 21.7 mg/dm3
Mg: 3.06 mg/dm3
PO4: 0 mg/dm3

A-ma-ZING...did I read/understand correctly that you are using a soil based substrate?
I use DIY base contain ground/earth from my garden (I was too lazy to go further) roasted clay, sand, peat all mixed thickness about 1-2cm. Covered 5-8cm layer of basalt

Best regards
Michał

I've been advocating the use of soil substrate with CO2 injection for some time now and - judging by your pictures - it just goes to show that it can work really well.

Beautiful tank. The Eriocaulon works really nicely. I only read about this plant for the first time last week and it is definitely something I would like to try in my tank some time in the future after seeing it in yours. Great work. Nice to see undeniable evidence that expensive substrates are not essential in planted tanks.

Nice to see undeniable evidence that expensive substrates are not essential in planted tanks.
Jimm, I saw many tank with perfect plant condition without any mark substrate, In my opinion key is water, fertilizing and light not more not less.

Hello Michal,first of all your tank is absolutely stunning.
Just a question-do you cut off those flower stalks(buds) of e.cinereum?

Hello Michal,first of all your tank is absolutely stunning.
Just a question-do you cut off those flower stalks(buds) of e.cinereum?
Well I do not have any flowering, if they appear I will cut them.

are you running one or two filters?....or am I wrong in that Eheim 2228's output is 1000 liter per hour?
Great healthy looking tank though..loving it to bits
I have one filter 1000 l/h and one circulator pomp in tank Koralia 1600

Back