• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Aquarium in an Earthquake (video)

Stickleback

Hi

Apologies for the terrible quality of the video, but thought you lot might be interested in this. We just had a big quake in Jakarta (6.4) and I live on the 41st floor, so it gets very swayey. The first thing I noticed was the water really sloshing about in my open topped aquarium. A lot spilled out, was quite full on. Anyway it lasted quite a while and just towards the end I thought to get my phone out and filmed a bit.

In the first clip you can see the water still sloshing a bit. In the second clip you can see how much dirt was kicked up in the the water column. In the third clip you can get an idea of how much water had spilled, it was almost filled to the brim before.

Apologies again for the crappy video, but here it is:

That's crazy, I often think how lucky we are in the UK not to have quakes big enough to do this. I think it would stop me having tanks full stop.

You got some nerves buddy, instead of taking shelter why not film the tank during a 6,4 earthquake! Hope all is well and safe.

Back