• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My 60p soft water

1667874989644.png

article on Eriocaulaceae for info.

img_8674-jpg.197415

cheers Darrel
Were these fed heavily? @Hanuman . The leaves seem to be taking on a darker green shade and I quite like it😍
As for the ratnagiri, I will try source it and grow some😀 (initially in soil, then plant excess in sand) maybe replace the blood vomit as they are rather boring.

Were these fed heavily? @Hanuman . The leaves seem to be taking on a darker green shade and I quite like it😍
As for the ratnagiri, I will try source it and grow some😀 (initially in soil, then plant excess in sand) maybe replace the blood vomit as they are rather boring.
Root feed mostly and the soil was clean. That tank was only setup 3-4 months ago with a mix of old+new soil+root tabs. I was using an AIO DIY APT 3 clone on that tank and I was doing heavy WCs (~85% weekly). I think I was also under dosing (probably miscalculation of volume) because the Syngonanthus macrocaulon was yellowing at the bottom. It's the only real deficiency I noticed in the plants in that tank though.

The green shade is mostly due to sufficient nitrate else the plant would be mostly reddish. Since I sell them I prefer the plants being in good shape rather than being deficient and then melting quickly in customer's tanks.
then plant excess in sand
Let us know how that goes. Never tried growing them in sand but as long as they are fed I guess perhaps they should grow. E. Rat are found only in India on lateritic plateaus in the Ratnagiri district, thus their name. My experience is that they do no tolerate any shadowing and require moderate to high lighting with plenty CO2.

Last edited:
Look at these tiny Pantanal/Cuba/macs… almost comical😅
@JoshP12

These are at about a quarter of the size I’d want them… for anyone that doesn’t know, these plants are beasts and the diameter of them can get easily 3inches plus.

Properly limited system😂 BUT!!! They are “healthy” in the sense that they are clean and not stunted.

This is the first wc for a month or so, and I’m making up a new “custom” micro mix. With some tasty boron for my starved friends.
8115251E-980A-44DE-BD14-802D0F5C9A96.jpeg

Just dun it
9872BE27-A24D-4622-815C-0EA85EC7E4A2.jpeg

Do I get a medal?

Feels good to be productive, did WC on both tanks today, and co2 maintenance. Ordered some shrimp for the Low tech as well. Anyway, this micro mixing stuff is a nightmare, at least I have enough for the next 3 months.

For the record, above doses in the pic are cut in half.

This mix (without B) in soil lead to best possible results for me. Clean, faultless, fast growth from wallichii, Pantanal, ammannia, Macs. So fairly confident it’ll work well with B in sand.

As for macros,
Dosing a super top secret blend of KNO3+UREA+NH4NO3… not really I just couldn’t be bothered to get the numbers up. For me, 4.5 NO3 equivalent seems to be a good number for weekly uptake. I could dose that and not see any TDS rise even without WC.

Anyway, I also remade my remineraliser. So I can dose the tank to bang on 80TDS. It worked out perfectly and the RO wc water was perfect going in, but obviously tank params influenced it a lot And the tank is currently sitting at ~100TDS, curious to see if this drops with additional boron.

Ca:Mg:K
As always, 20:8:4
These numbers pair well with:
0.0875 Fe
1N
0.13P
(Weekly)

As for the plants recently noticed some puckered tops on wallichii, which was previously doing well, guess it eventually succumbed to deficiency. Ammannia pedicellata is growing well and clean but looks scorched and has red patches. Looks identical to the plants posted in this thread.

oh well that’s all for now😅

Started B… algae… column musta been severely limiting then.
Feel like co2 gonna run out soon, so I took out the erios, just don’t have time to coddle it and be worried sick…. It’ll melt into oblivion if co2 is off for maybe even two days. Now I have them emmersed, I can always add them later.

99EC3DD7-0C8C-44BD-8699-B8262EAC6F74.jpeg

294C193C-14E4-4866-B1FC-416E89A7A610.jpeg

Best wallichii I’ve grown so far. Top to bottom clean uncrinkled growth…. No blackening of stems
E455FB1A-D1B2-4806-93AE-D10690058DF4.jpeg
860B839E-8605-4917-B948-953599B9A1E8.jpeg

Pedicellata, macs… doing well. No stunting clean leaves. Ammania looks bit scorched but new leaves fine….
image.jpg

Plants growing fasttt can tell plant growth isn’t as limited now. Added some bacopa Colorata and ludwigia red. These are super easy growers, will contribute to over all plant mass which is my current goal.
image.jpg

Syns adapted to tank. Seemed a bit cross with limited column, but new dosing and it greened up quickly.
image.jpg

Buce growing fuss free

Last edited:
Clearing up. Everything growing mad and the size getting much bigger.
A322C10F-1A76-4E5B-82FD-1F07AA04F662.jpeg

Algae seems to have gone? Not done much really.
@JoshP12 you must find this interesting 😂

Fish seem much more active when lights are at 100% this is like 200-300par. Guessing that the co2 is at lower levels and o2 is higher. And fish seem happy.

Attachments

• A93D5DF4-0BCC-45A2-A0AA-E3F4E057CDBE.jpeg
    A93D5DF4-0BCC-45A2-A0AA-E3F4E057CDBE.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
Nope 👎 b didn’t help with cloudy water… did help with the plant health tho.
Finally got UV and it’s clearin up.
A127FB0E-B383-4CF3-9043-53F574183AA9.jpeg

image.jpg

Clearing up… but still not getting that fast fast growth I was hoping for? Any clue What I can do @JoshP12 ? Planning on doing a WC soon.

Back