• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

MR16 - DC 12 Volt COB LED spot on TC420

A wee update on this TC421 - it worked wifi great for a night. The next day I was playing as one does, and the crux is it keeps crashing the programme in wifi, so essentially I've got a tc420 - which is still great, but tread carefully maybe I've got a dud, I'm not tech savy enough to know why it's crashing and am happy just to get the functionality even if it is wired.

It shows up on my network as Kitelight and I've done some perusing the net but to be honest I feel the tourettes coming on so will ponder for another couple of days as unistalling and reinstalling the mini disc is a proverbial.

Just wanted to let you know Marcel in case you went out and got one. Mines was from the south american river website from China.

It shows up on my network as Kitelight
Does it? That is funny, Kitelight is the initial developr of both led timer controlers and also sell them from there webshop.
https://www.kitelight.nl/led-time-controllers/
Also funny to see is, now the China spinoff is on the market they also reduced the price from €80 to €45, 1 month ago it was still 80. :rolleyes: Likely this spinoff is also an idea of them selfs..

You say it is crashing? You mean it's wifi connection crashes? It loses/drops connection?..

I red the Dutch Kitlight manual.. It says Wifi problems? Check Firewall.. Shut firewall down and see if it functions.. Than enable and reconfigure firewall.
Same story for Virus scanner if pressent.. Also do not use wired UTP cable and Wifi at the same time.. I guess if that's the case you should give wifi priority access as first network addaper. :)

As always it's a long story :) but think I've did everything that you could wrong! Wired with wifi and couldn't actually get it to accept it to set to the router, but think you've covered that with either or both of the firewall and antivirus. I hate mucking about with those settings so will no doubt ponder until such a point that it drives me bonkers.

Yeah I'd arrived at kitelight's site too but their controllers look a bit more polished, the website is pain to try and navigate and I've been jumping between German, Dutch, Japanese sites and I can only barely speak English (I'm Scottish so yeah ken :) ) I'd seen something on programming the controller on youtube by mistakenly typing in 41 instead of 40 and got a hit then off to the river site and after a week pondering I got it.

If it's a rip off I genuinely didn't know and feel a bit bad as going on Kitelight's website they look small scale oh well every day's a school day.

Atb

Back