• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mountain Range

Its looking quite scruffy currently, nothing to trim yet, still waiting for carpet to cover. Definitely don't want to start messing with the MC just in case it uproots, as it is I had a clump float the other day telling me that its not rooting down very well.

20190105_171446-Edit.jpg

Week 6, I'm a Little down; The soil is still moving, MC seems to be adamant in becoming a floating plant instead of a carpet plant.
20190112_081538.jpg

Prior to this weeks maintenance and soil move/replacement.
20190112_081522_1.jpg

After the above with most of the floaters replanted.
20190113_164833.jpg

I hadn't mentioned that I upped my stock just before christmas adding; 3 more Otto's, 3 Tuxedo mollies, 8 Neons and another Ram, since then I have lost 6 of the neons they just vanished (but they did start vanishing after day 2/3) and it now looks like my older Ram is about to pop his cloggs. I moved my DC to the back corner and found it was suffering from either a lack of flow or Co2 DC was blue/green, to try and rectify this I have increased flow from power head. Everthing else is moving along slowly; the AR mini seems to have taken a turn over the last few days, Lighting now @ 90%.

I don't think there is anymore room in the cupboard for anymore electronic lol.
20190113_002200.jpg

Try keep your chin up, it can be very frustrating but eventually it will begin to come together and then it becomes enjoyable again. Sorry to hear about the fish, it’s unusual for there to be no trace of the missing fish.
Just a thought, I’m pretty sure mollies are great at eating and pulling up plants which won’t help them trying to root.....which in turn won’t help with the movement of the soil.

Why not move fish to a temporary home?
You’ve several larger fish that appear to displace soil/plants (earlier video) just by swimming close to the substrate, nevermind when they muddle about looking for food etc

You’ve put so much effort into this scape!

That MC should be rooted and growing in a couple weeks, and very much so by 6 weeks - that it’s still floating up indicates something is preventing this
Break up the MC clumps into much smaller portions, plant deeply (this is easiest in dry/damp soil if you’re willing to go that far)

Examine flow in the tank - it just needs to get everywhere, it doesn’t need to do so at a rapid rate - strong current can “lift” the soil and may be contributing to the MC’s lack of root development

Things are moving slowly, In the last week I have had an outbreak of snails. I believe its time for some assassins
20190210_171236[1].jpg
The images below bit more detailed in my defence I must say hand held macro and through water is hard work. Physa and Physella Species,
_DSC2858-2.jpg _DSC2859-2.jpg

The angelfish could well be the culprit for the disappearing neons?

Had a Rummy Nose Tetra issue for a while... then found a tail wiggling out the angels mouth one day!!

Not Much of an update, I had a trim up yesteday and took out some of those pesky snails, I added 3 Assasins on Saturday and it looks like 2 are dead already 1 is MIA . Is this normal (they were bought from Pro Shrimp). Excuse the watermark.
20190217_160159.jpg
20190217_184146.jpg
20190218_134840.jpg

Back