• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Moss growth

Aqua Hero

Can weeping, mini Xmas and Fissidens fontanus grow in shaded areas (medium-low light) with good co2

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Yes but rather slow, very slow, to not at all.. Question: What's shaded in your opinion? Example i have a vertical piece of wood behind teh lamps, on the back side is growing almost nothing.. There is one tiny piece of a rare bolbitis managed to survive there growing 2 leaves in 1 year. Planted Xmas moss next to it, didn't make it. :) Even the emersed moss on that side of the wood went brown and died finaly. :)

d1401d3baf4f4a50eefa5bcae3aedcfa.jpg

I know this isn't the best way to show it, but you can see a huge difference in how much light the rocks on the right are (shaded region) getting in comparison to the rocks in the far left.

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Hard to say, just give it a try.. :) I have some shaded spots by overhanging hardware with moss, the only one doing relatively good is vesicularia but still slow, fissidens stays alive but doesn't do much. If it doesn't work out give Lomariopsis lineata a try, it's a fern and not a moss but often sold as one (round pelia).. I did put that into black holes and it stays green, grows relatively good in low light and attaches easily to wood. :)

Back