• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Morning all! Post your maintenance pics!

66b2be31e7a0ed797710dd507aa09f97.jpg

Hose pipe straight out the window, refill straight from the tap, much better for my back than the 15 litre bucket I used to use for a 120 litre water change :lol:
7ac7263a94eff79404dcc2fc574559d3.jpg

Much easier 12 litre water change on my kitchen nano.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

66b2be31e7a0ed797710dd507aa09f97.jpg

Hose pipe straight out the window, refill straight from the tap, much better for my back than the 15 litre bucket I used to use for a 120 litre water change :lol:
7ac7263a94eff79404dcc2fc574559d3.jpg

Much easier 12 litre water change on my kitchen nano.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks great Tim! Everything looks really healthy!

Reactions: tim
90l water warmed in water butt, then pumped into tank.
Yellow bucket to collect syphoned water from tank. Yellow so you can see any fish that decide to get syphoned.
Water pumped from yellow bucket onto lawn.
Orange bucket for plant cuttings and filter foam/floss rinsing.
Controller flashing red indicating either heater or filter is off, so I won't forget.
All done in less than an hour.
upload_2016-9-11_19-11-6.png

Very interesting..... you fill up through the sump with the pump on? Any particular reason?

I tend to do my WC up top, and for a sump water change I put the hosepipe on the outlet into a bucket with the pump on then fill it back up through the overflow in the upper tank. (mine is semi-permanent covered).

Very interesting..... you fill up through the sump with the pump on? Any particular reason?

Not realy for any other reason than convenience.. :) I just fill the sump with the same capacity as the pump takes it out again. But it's a dc 6 -12 volt pump i can regulate the speep whit a controler. Depending on how much change, a 60% i still can keep full power and not disturb the substrate. If i go more then 60% i have to trotle the pump back a little and turn the nozlle a little till the level is high enough again. The fish love it, it's play time for them and always dive into the stream during the fill.. So it's kinda spectacle for both of us, i love to watch them take the weekly rollercoaster.

^^^ Beautiful! I think a paludarium is my next project.

Not realy for any other reason than convenience.. :) I just fill the sump with the same capacity as the pump takes it out again. But it's a dc 6 -12 volt pump i can regulate the speep whit a controler. Depending on how much change, a 60% i still can keep full power and not disturb the substrate. If i go more then 60% i have to trotle the pump back a little and turn the nozlle a little till the level is high enough again. The fish love it, it's play time for them and always dive into the stream during the fill.. So it's kinda spectacle for both of us, i love to watch them take the weekly rollercoaster.

Awesome. My fish love the refill too!

I notice you got the trusty old TC420 on the wall - I would literally worship you if you have some sort of schematic for what appears to be high power led's running from it! I have 4 x 10W cobs here that I need to replace the RGBW strips with on the controller and debating between directly wiring them in with some sort of voltage/current control, or using it in conjunction with some of those LDD drivers.

Cheers

Thank you, :) a paludarium is also awsome, might do that too one day... But i'm more into the open top and open air emersed growth.. :)

It might appear as a high power led setup but it aint.. These are high output rigid smd strips 45 watt total, the strongest i could find at the time i builded it last year. The TC420 is a simple PWM dimmer (programmable led controller). The PSU i'm using is an ATX desktop power supply. I have yet not realy looked into the facts how to correctly drive COB led units.. So i can not say if they can be driven directly from a PWM device like this. If not it probably be the same as the 1 watt or 3 watt high powered LED, which need a constant current driver. Then it is possible to connenct a constant current driver with a DC 0-10 volt dim port to the TC420.. Then you dim the PSU and not the LED itself.

But as said i'm not sure about cob leds and how they work on a pwm dimmer.. Didn't come to that yet.. Have all i need for now..

Thank you, :) a paludarium is also awsome, might do that too one day... But i'm more into the open top and open air emersed growth.. :)

It might appear as a high power led setup but it aint.. These are high output rigid smd strips 45 watt total, the strongest i could find at the time i builded it last year. The TC420 is a simple PWM dimmer (programmable led controller). The PSU i'm using is an ATX desktop power supply. I have yet not realy looked into the facts how to correctly drive COB led units.. So i can not say if they can be driven directly from a PWM device like this. If not it probably be the same as the 1 watt or 3 watt high powered LED, which need a constant current driver. Then it is possible to connenct a constant current driver with a DC 0-10 volt dim port to the TC420.. Then you dim the PSU and not the LED itself.

But as said i'm not sure about cob leds and how they work on a pwm dimmer.. Didn't come to that yet.. Have all i need for now..

Don't wanna hijack this thread too much so I'll send you a PM.

Cheers

Back