• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Montecarlo help

Amax689

I have planted some montecarlo as an epiphyte. The plants nearer the top of the aquarium seem to be doing less well than the stuff deeper down. Is it possible that the montecarlo is getting too much light? The tank is new but some of the montecarlo shows sign of melt, but not the stuff lower down

Hi @Amax689, please post some more information about your tank and a full tank shot - see below:

Welcome to UKAPS :)

Cheers,
Michael

1. 450L.
2. 2weeks
3. No testing
4. 2x Oase Biomaster thermo 850
5. 2x life aqua master pro
6. Amazonia ver 2, powersand and crushed lavarock
7. Co2 injection in-line on each filter
8. ADA ferts, lean dosing
9. 50% every other day
10. Lots
11. Lots
12. Full tank shot & Surface image.

Attachments

• 20230409_200628.jpg
    20230409_200628.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 84
  • 20230411_082704.jpg
    20230411_082704.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 85
I have planted some montecarlo as an epiphyte. The plants nearer the top of the aquarium seem to be doing less well than the stuff deeper down. Is it possible that the montecarlo is getting too much light? The tank is new but some of the montecarlo shows sign of melt, but not the stuff lower down

Montecarlo experts will have to chime in on this, but in the meantime: It's not unlikely that the light may be a bit too intense there at the surface. I addition I would suggest - given that your tank is only two weeks old - that the Montecarlo is still settling in and adapting to be planted as epiphytes (attached to the roots). Give it a little time and see.

Cheers,
Michael

Back