• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monte Carlo

Daveslaney

Is this ok for planting monte carlo? Or do i need to be pushing it down into the substrate more?
20160729_172137-1024x768.jpg

Thanks Ryan
I did split the pots in to about six or eight portions each pot before planting. i will try splitting it into smaller portions and planting abit further apart.
My concern is it seems to be standing upright instead of lying flat on the substrate.

i planted mine straight into the substrate on tuesday and havent seen any growth since which is odd.
dry start method, tropical soil and plant grow underneath. lights on 8 hours a day.
I did trim the plants a bit when planting, perhaps i shouldnt have done this?

Dont know nick to be honest. I did actually think about trimming mine too. To get away some if the leggyness off the plants.
Only put it inbyesterday afternoon and it was pearling like crazy last night.
But i will try and split the plants and space them out abit see if that makes then hug the substrate more.
I have grown hc before and that seemed to be alot lower to the substate to be honest.

I plant MC like this, takes a bit of time to spread but i find when i plant it in single strands you get less melt. As it is a plant that transitions easily between emersed growth and submersed I just keep a Tupperware box of it (and any plant i can grow emersed) on the window sill in some old soil form a scape. This was you'll never need to pay for a pot again.

23580459279_81c9af6726_z.jpg

i planted mine straight into the substrate on tuesday and havent seen any growth since which is odd.
dry start method, tropical soil and plant grow underneath. lights on 8 hours a day.
I did trim the plants a bit when planting, perhaps i shouldnt have done this?
The plant will put its roots down for the first week or so nick then top growth, if drystarting you can up the photoperiod to 12-18 hours if you want quicker/ more growth.

I planted mine in clumps of around 3 or 4 strands! I planted 2 bunches which were grown in vitro. Half of it melted while transitioning but now it's really taking off. It takes a few weeks before it lays flat and starts to throw out new growth.
9f659604c7e771c38a4fee1d43ad1b38.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the kind comments :).
Really pleased with the way the plants are growing in the tank now.
Heres a full tank shot sorry for the pic quality the only camera i have is on my phone:).
20160815_084703-1024x768.jpg

Heres one of sone limnophila aromatica that i put in the same time as the MC loveing the way this plant is developing.
20160815_084733-1024x768.jpg

Great pics!

I'm growing MC indoors in a seed planter atm. I chopped it into 2cm lengths and just placed it on tops of used aquasoil. Far far so good. 8hrs with a desk lamp is doing the trick.

Back