• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Monte Carlo as epiphyte struggling

IMG_4846.jpeg
My Monte Carlo is not doing well as an epiphyte. Everything else is growing well. Tank is 5 weeks old, 180L, in-line CO2, fertilised with APT Zero 5 pumps daily.
Any advice from those that have had success with this?

View attachment 217236My Monte Carlo is not doing well as an epiphyte. Everything else is growing well. Tank is 5 weeks old, 180L, in-line CO2, fertilised with APT Zero 5 pumps daily.
Any advice from those that have had success with this?
As other poster said, dosing is key, but also looking at the rock you're using, it may be struggling to get a proper grip on it.

I had best success with porous rock like lava etc, but perhaps someone else that has used (what looks like sieryu?) may chime in

Thanks both. I was thinking of switching to APT Complete anyway, as the instructions recommend Zero for the first 1-2 months. So I think I’ll make the change now and see if it has an impact.
Yes, the stone is sieryu, and a fairly smooth example too! So perhaps not the best.

Last edited:
Back