• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

mixed foregrounds

Nick16

hi all,

i have been thinking about my next scape which was going to have a hairgrass (proably parvula, as i belive the acicularis grows alot taller). However, having seen a few scapes with mixed foregrounds im currently thinking about adding in some Marselia. However, i dont know much about this plant (heights etc) ~(im about to google it)
however, can anyone help me here, i think mixing foreground plants can look very good indeed but i want to steer away from glosso and HC.

Does anyone think marselia sp can work? or does anyone have any more suggestions?

TIA.

cheers

ahh sorry, my fault, i plan on using blyxa in my scape as well, probably a fair amount, so i think the tennellus would look very similar, although i do need something to air the transition between foregorund and the blyxa midground. i might have to go lots of trimming. :lol:

I agree with sam, one thing i have learnt is that parvula grows low, if i wanted to use hairgrass i would use acicularis instead without a doubt, parvula seemed to bend back down, just my experiences.
Tennellus would look fairly similar to blyxa, however i think it grows longer and thinner, slightly more of an hair-type than blyxa maybe.

maybe im getting confused, i bought acicularis last scape and i want to use it again. but i though acicularis was the stuff that grew really tall and had the flower buds on the ends, so i guessed it was labeled wrong and it was in fact parvula.
is there antoehr type of hairgrass that im getting confused with?

EDIT : its vivipara im getting confused with.

so after all that, i will be having an Acicularis foreground!

Back