• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mission impossible?

Ravenswing

Could it be possible to grow something at the end of the bogwood, its pretty ugly? As you can see, there`s java moss growing submersed up to emersed, but oh so slowly!

DSC01127_zps809d4862.jpg
DSC01128_zps4ab14fe0.jpg

Iv been thinking to tide some moss on the wood and then plant something (but what?) in some way on it but all ideas are welcome. Led lightning 30cm above water level. I guess some small orchids would work but Im a bit bored to them since having (mainly Phaleonopsis ssp.) a lot of them earlier. I love for example ferns, how about them? The water level varies a bit since the tank is open.

Sure a fern would work, unpot it squash root ball into shape you want cover with moss and use fishing line to keep in place, I think you should probably have the moss or even the rootball touching water so it can drink, then I'd just keep spraying it, a bromeliad would look cool
Saw some today in home base reduced to £1:50

Will be interesting too see how it does on that wood. Hopefully it will climb out the water and start frowning in it's emmersed state!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Will be interesting too see how it does on that wood. Hopefully it will climb out the water and start frowning in it's emmersed state!

No doubt! A friend of mine has a huge bush growing submersed and emersed. I got mine from emersed part, settled them half water-half air as she had done at the begining. Now both parts are making really nice leaves

Mission impossible? keeps going on. This emersed thing really hooked me on since Im an enthusiastic gardener too! Maybe this will help and inspire others, too, thou these tanks of ours are submersed-emersed -vivarium mixes Journal of five low-tech tanks | UK Aquatic Plant Society. Page 2. Im too lazy to set pictures here now, maybe later. All ideas and opinions are welcome!

BTW, that H tripartita is crazy-easy to grow emersed, it grows like mad! Iv already split it for two other tanks too.

Back