• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

micro and macro dosage

Hey @Happi , I've been following your recommendations to Hasan, and I was wondering how you would change your doses for a higher Calcium concentration in water? I assume you would add proportionally more Mg as well, but would you also increase K? Would you change N and P as well to follow the higher K dose? At some point you mentioned varying the macros dosing between 1 to 3 ppm N, but I assume you keep the mineralizing part constant, so that would change the K:Mg:Ca ratios. Is that right?

I have a baseline 3 dGH in my water, which I assume is mostly Calcium, and I'm trying to adapt your suggestions.

that is fine, you can add 8.04 grams Urea instead of 14.32 gram Nh4Cl. but this will change how the Nitrogen become available to the plants, Urea isn't same as dosing NH4. even though Urea ultimately turns into NH4.

as mentioned earlier, I have used NH4Cl without the issues you have described. there could be other factors that may lead to this assumption.
I think there is a lot of organic waste in the soil, maybe that's why

Hey @Happi , I've been following your recommendations to Hasan, and I was wondering how you would change your doses for a higher Calcium concentration in water? I assume you would add proportionally more Mg as well, but would you also increase K? Would you change N and P as well to follow the higher K dose? At some point you mentioned varying the macros dosing between 1 to 3 ppm N, but I assume you keep the mineralizing part constant, so that would change the K:Mg:Ca ratios. Is that right?

I have a baseline 3 dGH in my water, which I assume is mostly Calcium, and I'm trying to adapt your suggestions.

Hi LMuhlen,

might be best if I could View the Water report and we can go from there. But, if you have say 30 ppm Calcium in the water, it would be good idea to maintain something like this:
Ca 30
Mg 9.38
K 2.82

if you could maintain the above, you truly only need to add N and P for Macros and Micros/Fe from the solution and then change the water to maintain the above ratios.

No, I will not use af mineral salt because as CA increases, mg and k will increase as dolga, I am aware that this is not healthy.

No, I will not use af mineral salt because as CA increases, mg and k will increase as dolga, I am aware that this is not healthy.
I just didn't like how it adds KH as well as Odd ratio of the Minerals. it could still be a good product for general purpose, but not perfect if you want to learn about plants.

75 litre RO su Mineralizasyonu:

1.611 gram CaSO4.2H2O

Yaklaşık 5
S 4,0
dGH 0,7

1.375 gram CaCl2.2H2O veya 1.038 gram CaCl2 anhidrat
Yaklaşık 5
Cl 8,85
dGH 0,7

2.281 gram MgSO4.7H2O
Mg3
S 3,96
dGH 0,7

75 liter RO water Mineralization:

1.611 grams CaSO4.2H2O

Ca 5
S 4.0
dGH 0.7

1.375 grams CaCl2.2H2O or 1.038 grams CaCl2 anhydrate
Ca 5
Cl 8.85
dGH 0.7

2.281 grams MgSO4.7H2O
Mg 3
S 3.96
dGH 0.7
Hi, what is the estimated TDS with 10/3 CA and mg ratio and what percentage of water change do you do?

this is one of the valid reason
Yes, I am aware of this, I need to make a new installation urgently because I put Substrate at the bottom of the installation and put island tropica soil on top of it. I feel like something is being released from the bottom layer.

How my Regime works:

these numbers stays constant (During 100% RO water Mineralization):

Ca. 10
Mg. 3-4

these numbers can vary:

N 1
P 0.13
K 0.8

if you add 0.5 ppm N daily, which will also add 0.4 ppm K and 0.065 ppm P. these numbers are likely to be up taken daily (estimated), next day you are starting with 0 N, P, K all over again (estimated), you dose 0.5 ppm N, 0.4 ppm K and 0.065 ppm P again. I for example add 1 ppm N, 0.8 ppm K and 0.13 ppm P every other day, which comes up to 3 ppm N, 2.4 ppm K and 0.39 ppm P weekly. please, keep in mind that these are estimated numbers of uptake under high light, co2 enriched aquarium with several plants. the numbers would be far less if this was to be dosed in low tech setups.

This is weekly dose for Micros/Fe:
Fe 0.1
Mn 0.067
Zn 0.014
B 0.014
Cu 0.007-0.014
Mo 0.004

I sometime target 0.05 Fe weekly from the above. I might be able to get away with such numbers due to DTPA and HEEDTA, this may vary for some users.

In another word if one were to dose this style below:

Mon: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe
Tue: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm
Wed: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe
Thu: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm
Fri: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe
Sat: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm
Sun: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe

weekly water changes aren't required but will be beneficial, my tank is about 50 gallon, I change 25 gallon. I mineralize the 25 gallon fresh RO water to Ca 5, Mg 1.5-2 before adding it to the aquarium.

Total:
N 3.5
P 0.455
K 2.8
Fe 0.1

as of right now, this is my dosing regime, it is subject to change with the new experiments and new findings.

Last edited:
Hi, what is the estimated TDS with 10/3 CA and mg ratio and what percentage of water change do you do?
I cannot remember the TDS from top of my head, but if you have a TDS meter you should able to test it easily. I change 25-100% water change every 2-3 weeks or whenever needed, but for standard regime, 25% water change every week or 50% water every 2 weeks should be sufficient.
Yes, I am aware of this, I need to make a new installation urgently because I put Substrate at the bottom of the installation and put island tropica soil on top of it. I feel like something is being released from the bottom layer.
what is installation? so you have Tropica soil and what else in the substrate?

I cannot remember the TDS from top of my head, but if you have a TDS meter you should able to test it easily. I change 25-100% water change every 2-3 weeks or whenever needed, but for standard regime, 25% water change every week or 50% water every 2 weeks should be sufficient.

what is installation? so you have Tropica soil and what else in the substrate?
1_org_zoom.jpg
10063471411250.jpg

I will not use substrate in the new installation, I will only use soil.

How my Regime works:

these numbers stays constant (During 100% RO water Mineralization):

Ca. 10
Mg. 3-4

these numbers can vary:

N 1
P 0.13
K 0.8

if you add 0.5 ppm N daily, which will also add 0.4 ppm K and 0.065 ppm P. these numbers are likely to be up taken daily (estimated), next day you are starting with 0 N, P, K all over again (estimated), you dose 0.5 ppm N, 0.4 ppm K and 0.065 ppm P again. I for example add 1 ppm N, 0.8 ppm K and 0.13 ppm P every other day, which comes up to 3 ppm N, 2.4 ppm K and 0.39 ppm P weekly. please, keep in mind that these are estimated numbers of uptake under high light, co2 enriched aquarium with several plants. the numbers would be far less if this was to be dosed in low tech setups.

This is weekly dose for Micros/Fe:
Fe 0.1
Mn 0.067
Zn 0.014
B 0.014
Cu 0.007-0.014
Mo 0.004

I sometime target 0.05 Fe weekly from the above. I might be able to get away with such numbers due to DTPA and HEEDTA, this may vary for some users.

In another word if one were to dose this style below:

Mon: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe
Tue: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm
Wed: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe
Thu: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm
Fri: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe
Sat: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm
Sun: N 0.5 ppm, P 0.065, K 0.4 ppm, 0.025 Fe

weekly water changes aren't required but will be beneficial, my tank is about 50 gallon, I change 25 gallon. I mineralize the 25 gallon fresh RO water to Ca 5, Mg 1.5-2 before adding it to the aquarium.

Total:
N 3.5
P 0.455
K 2.8
Fe 0.1

as of right now, this is my dosing regime, it is subject to change with the new experiments and new findings.
Thanks bro🙏🙏🙏

Hi,@Happi I have used this bottle of 250ml before and got good results. 4pump per pump is 1ml per week. I think the percentage figures written here must be adjusted according to weekly dosing. Correct me if I am wrong. Are these percentage figures the ppm values given by 4pump to 50 liters?

Attachments

• IMG_20240310_191517.jpg
    IMG_20240310_191517.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 24
Today, I did a 90 percent water change for the first time and gave 5ppm Cacl 5ppm caso4 mgso4 4ppm. My macro recipe is as follows: 0.23N potassium nitrate 0.27N magnesium nitrate 0.5ppmN urea 0.13 p. The only problem I encounter is that some plants grow smaller than they should, my micro dosage (0.067mn) ( 0.014 Zn) (0.014 B) (0.007 cu) (0.004 mo)
IMG_20240310_192423.jpg
IMG_20240310_200705.jpg

I think the entire dose of urea given was not used. Could it be because it's not nickel?

This week I will do it like this, I will increase my micro dose by half from the weekly dose and I will make iron 0.15ppm, I will try it this way this week.

Back