• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

micro and macro dosage

@hasan66
how's everything going?
As a macro, I use N urea kno3 magnesium nitrate, 2.5N weekly. I think the increase in nitrite may cause such problems. I will give less dose this week, maybe I will set it as 1.5N or 2N. I do not add caso4 and cacl because I have aquaforest mineral salt in my hand. I will keep it floating this week. I will see what happens

@hasan66 how were the plants before you started making these Micros/Macros Recipes? I suggest no longer using the "aqua forest mineral salt" and switch to the recommendation few posts back.

have you tried the new Micros with your previous/Older Macros?

@hasan66 how were the plants before you started making these Micros/Macros Recipes? I suggest no longer using the "aqua forest mineral salt" and switch to the recommendation few posts back.

Okay, I'll take calcium chloride and calcium sulfate salt. My old fertilizer TSN was only failing on the red plants and I was still seeing a little growth on the leaves but there was no problem with the leaves shaking and the leaves bending downwards. At that time I was using aquaforest mineral salt. This micro recipe was better if you ask me, could zinc and boron be a problem? However, my plants have much better colors and I give them 0.1 ppm iron per week.

Do you use a micro similar to this? Do you have such problems? I guess not, because if I increase Ca and mg, potassium will increase, so I cannot give too much, so I will buy caso4 Cacl. I just bought mgso4.

Okay, I'll take calcium chloride and calcium sulfate salt. My old fertilizer TSN was only failing on the red plants and I was still seeing a little growth on the leaves but there was no problem with the leaves shaking and the leaves bending downwards. At that time I was using aquaforest mineral salt. This micro recipe was better if you ask me, could zinc and boron be a problem? However, my plants have much better colors and I give them 0.1 ppm iron per week.
you are more than welcome to change the ratio of B and Zn to 0.014 : 0.007 if you like, but I strongly believe the issues are non related to Micros during this time. we can also change your Macros if you like? far as Tropica goes, it almost always gives good results, we can even clone it exactly far as the ppm goes, but the results cannot be expected to be the same.
Do you use a micro similar to this? Do you have such problems? I guess not, because if I increase Ca and mg, potassium will increase, so I cannot give too much, so I will buy caso4 Cacl. I just bought mgso4.
I can encounter some issues from time to time, but most of them are usually related to Ca, Mg, N P K. I usually work with these first before working with the Micros because these nutrients are used at much larger quantities compared to the Micros.

remind me again what exactly was the recipe for your current Macros?

İsterseniz B ve Zn oranını 0,014 : 0,007 olarak değiştirebilirsiniz, ancak bu süre zarfında sorunların Mikrolarla ilgili olmadığına kesinlikle inanıyorum. İsterseniz Makrolarınızı da değiştirebiliriz? Tropica'ya gelince, neredeyse her zaman iyi sonuçlar veriyor, hatta ppm'ye kadar tam olarak klonlayabiliyoruz ama sonuçların aynı olması beklenemez.
(0,5ppm üre) (0,23ppm kno3)(0,275mgno3)
Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-18-39-881_com.android.chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-00-47-609_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-00-47-609_com.android.chrome.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-08-51-439_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-03-02-21-08-51-439_com.android.chrome.jpg
    301.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
First, I will take calcium sulfate and calcium chloride, then I will use this micro recipe again, but there may be a problem with my macro recipe, I cannot blame the micro here, because when I gave too much NO3 to the tank, the rotala group was destroyed, I removed NH4 from the list, because when I gave 2N, I observed that the plants turned black, as if it was burning, and there used to be cyano bacteria in my tank. It used to work, now it doesn't work. I will send you my macro recipe. Is the recipe correct?
I have never observed the plant turning black and I dose NH4 in almost all my recipes. the recipe in that picture is for Micros, not Macros.

I don't think you can expect the best results as long as "AF Mineral Salt" is being used, because it kind of goes against what am trying to recommend.

AF Mineral Salt:
GH: 3
KH: 2
Ca: 6.5
Mg: 4.1
K: 6

are Rotala species doing well? they almost always do well under Urea/NH4. Is that Rotala Wallichii in that picture above? anyway, some people despite their best effort still have that wavy look on their plants, especially the Ludwigia plant species.

as of now we can only make some adjustments to the Micros/Macros if you still want to use the "AF Mineral Salt" unless you have CaSO4, CaCl and MgSO4 on hand. I Assume you also have or will have K2SO4 as well?

I have never observed the plant turning black and I dose NH4 in almost all my recipes. the recipe in that picture is for Micros, not Macros.

I don't think you can expect the best results as long as "AF Mineral Salt" is being used, because it kind of goes against what am trying to recommend.

AF Mineral Salt:

are Rotala species doing well? they almost always do well under Urea/NH4. Is that Rotala Wallichii in that picture above? anyway, some people despite their best effort still have that wavy look on their plants, especially the Ludwigia plant species.

as of now we can only make some adjustments to the Micros/Macros if you still want to use the "AF Mineral Salt" unless you have CaSO4, CaCl and MgSO4 on hand. I Assume you also have or will have K2SO4 as well?
Yes, I do not have Caso4 and Cacl. I will do a water change tomorrow. For this, I will need to use AF mineral for 1 week. Because tomorrow is Sunday, can you make an arrangement on this matter, brother? I have no idea why I experience blackening in the plants when I do not use NH4, but I compensate for the NH4 need with urea fertilizer, this seems to be better.

AF Mineral Salt:

Yes, I will buy k2so4. The new salts I will buy will be caso4, Cacl and k2so4.

when you decide to make the switch, make sure you perform at least two 80%-90% water changes.

1709405797583.png

just curious, were you dosing 20 ml in your 75 liter aquarium?

when you decide to make the switch, make sure you perform at least two 80%-90% water changes.

View attachment 216588

just curious, were you dosing 20 ml in your 75 liter aquarium?
The problem may also be that the leaves do not curl. The rotala group did not like it at all when I gave it 2.5N. I couldn't get the colors. When I was using TSN, I was giving 2.5ml daily to my 75 liter tank. It's 2.68N weekly. This time it will be good. I think it will be good. I will use caso4 Cacl and k2so4 when I get the new salts.

@hasan66

75 liter RO water Mineralization:

1.611 grams CaSO4.2H2O

Ca 5
S 4.0
dGH 0.7

1.375 grams CaCl2.2H2O or 1.038 grams CaCl2 anhydrate
Ca 5
Cl 8.85
dGH 0.7

2.281 grams MgSO4.7H2O
Mg 3
S 3.96
dGH 0.7

500 ml solution, 5 ml per 75 liter

14.32 gram Nh4Cl

N 0.5
Cl 1.26

5.315 grams K2SO4
K 0.318
S 0.13

2.15 grams
PO4 0.2
P 0.065
K 0.082

You want to try something like this and report back?

@hasan66

75 liter RO water Mineralization:

1.611 grams CaSO4.2H2O

Ca 5
S 4.0
dGH 0.7

1.375 grams CaCl2.2H2O or 1.038 grams CaCl2 anhydrate
Ca 5
Cl 8.85
dGH 0.7

2.281 grams MgSO4.7H2O
Mg 3
S 3.96
dGH 0.7

500 ml solution, 5 ml per 75 liter

14.32 gram Nh4Cl

N 0.5
Cl 1.26

5.315 grams K2SO4
K 0.318
S 0.13

2.15 grams
PO4 0.2
P 0.065
K 0.082

You want to try something like this and report back?
My friend, is it okay if I use urea instead of NH4CI, because I did a lot of tests with NH4CI, it turned the plants black, I think it is due to my soil, because it is old now, I will make a new installation, so yes, I will make a new mineral recipe, this will be very good for me.

My friend, is it okay if I use urea instead of NH4CI, because I did a lot of tests with NH4CI, it turned the plants black, I think it is due to my soil, because it is old now, I will make a new installation, so yes, I will make a new mineral recipe, this will be very good for me.
that is fine, you can add 8.04 grams Urea instead of 14.32 gram Nh4Cl. but this will change how the Nitrogen become available to the plants, Urea isn't same as dosing NH4. even though Urea ultimately turns into NH4.

as mentioned earlier, I have used NH4Cl without the issues you have described. there could be other factors that may lead to this assumption.

Back