• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Micrantherum monte carlo

plantbrain

Expert
Montecarloangel542013_zps0be96616.jpg

That is very interesting plant Tom! Can you give us a bit more info about it and to show us a close up...I think I might have this in my tank...:)
You should have it in your tank :p

Hi Ian
I have both - Elatine, and this "monte carlo" thing - and they look and behave totally alike :geek:

It's most likely an Elatine hydropiper :)
Mick.

No, it's nothing like Elatine of any species in that genus.

It's a Micrantherum most likely, a variant perhaps of M. umbrosum, which is what I 1st thought it was, but not as delicate, and the carpeting?
It's much better and compact that Gloss, and it does well at 30 micro mols of light. I have it under high light above, but only a few weeks ago I had just a few small strands.

Easy to grow, and fish do not uproot it easily etc.

Totally agree - it's extremely fastgrowing and easy :) ( they both are, actually ! )
Mick.

I added a bit to my tank about 3 weeks ago and it's really taken off, let me get a quick pic.
Very easy plant, and looking good plant too, perfect carpet for tanks 80cm plus!

So you would say this would be OK in something on the lower light end of the scale, say 11w over 10 or 20 litres?
I only tried it with 4x24w over a 125l tank! With very high CO2!

Yep - it'll work nicely emersed. Grows like Hem. Cuba but larger leaves ofcourse.

Hi Ian - mine looks a lot more dense, but it also gets all the "love and care" (read; light, ferts and co2 ) it can possible take.​

Back