• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Melted S. Repens grow back?

andusbeckus

All my Sterogyne Repens melted away this week with leaves flying all over the place! From reading a couple of other threads this has happened to a few people. I have been messing with the tank a lot lately having changed the light, removed the lid and added a few floating plants (not all on the same day) so maybe that was it.

Whats my best coarse of action. Just wait for every leaf to drop off and hope it grows back (will be checking roots later)?

Or will it be better to chop it all right back to encourage it to start growing back?

Alternative is to rip it all out but would rather not.

Before:
IMG_1031.png

After:
IMG_1029.jpg

Doesn't really look good, sorry to say.
- all that is transparent is defenitely dead/dying; leaves and stems alike. Re-growth of leaves can be expected only if stems survive, ofcourse. This is detetmined by what and how hard the change in environment, that caused the melt, were.
I'd say one, or a combination, of your "messing around" have caused this unfortunately.
- I really think your best chance is to remove all transparent + obvious dead material continuously........and then wait and see, if your Staurogyne manage to adapt and start re-growing.
- the best of luck.........

Hi was in a similar case as you. S. Repens cuttings from another tank, lush green, were planted in my new tank (amazonia substrate). some of days after all leaves where floating in the tank, you could only see a stick of what once was a lush plant.

After some time (maybe a week), new leaves appeared on random places on the stems. Now, everything is back to lush as the plant has apparently adapted to the conditions in my tank.

Hope the same happens for you!

Agree with the 2 comments above.Fingers crossed they will bounce back.Have also experienced a similar situation.Change of light if stronger could possibly be the cause as the plant would require more CO2.

Back