• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Matt's Lido 120

HullTiger86

Hey everybody
Thought I would get myself back on here after having a reef tank for a while :)
Decided to go back to freshwater as saltwater can be to much hassle and expensive.

I set up my new lido 120 on Thursday so is still a work in progress. I am using thee juwel filter and lighting (with reflectors) that came with the tank. I have ordered a 1000 pump to use instead of the 600.
I want to keep it pretty simple with equipment though so not currently planning on CO2.

Here's a quick pic
0069F972-E39F-4BA1-9E67-90B1DD701195.jpg

I've used eco complete substrate with plants from aqua essentials :)
Not decided on fish as of yet but thinking maybe a pair of rams as the main fish.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome :)

The 1000lph pump does a good job in these tanks. Looks good, and keep the pictures coming!

Thank Andy and Ian :)
I have the lights on for 8 hours, something I was going to ask. Tbh I will probs end up adding CO2 at some point if I have to. I am dosing Neutro CO2 and Neutro T so hopefully these will do the job.
I'm sure the plants have already grown lol.
Need to decide on fish but really not sure what to get, ATM I'm thinking in this order a few guppies, Cory's maybe pandas or pygmaeus, bristlenose plecs or otos, cardinal tetras and maybe a pair of dwarf cichlids apistogramma cacatuoides.

New pic the plants have grown abit
42CCF912-CF48-4F9A-8FFA-44AD60C35989.jpg

Going to change my water to RO remineralised with tap water(taken from RO unit before the membrane like hma) my tap water is just to hard

Thinking the 1000 pump will be abit to powerful for the fish when I add them. So might change it to a 600 (you get a 500 pump instead of a 600 now).
Getting the TDS of the tank water down now aswell :) aiming for 100-125 TDS for dwarf cichlids.

Thanks Tim.
I will get a pair of apistogramma cacatuoides.
Think I will take the rock out on the right hand side of the tank and put a 1/2 coconut or some kind of den for the cichlids.

Lowered the TDS of the tank to about 150 will lower it abit more I think. Plants look abit happier, I've also moved a rock out to make room for a savu pod for the apistos to use as a cave.
3925F2F7-17EC-4F74-8DE8-E7B9A7E49638.jpg

I've added a few fish :)
Started to get a little hair algae on the higher plants, so I have took the reflectors off and lowered the light timing to 7 hours. Hopefully this will help :)

Reactions: tim
Tank seems to be doing well.
Added the last of the fish today.
I have got the equipment to add CO2 to the tank aswell just need to set it up.
7F1DAFC6-245D-41AD-81A4-FC8F89398FF3.jpg

Done a video just need to work out how to show it.

That's looking nice. Did taking the reflectors off and shortening the lighting period help with the hair algae?
I have recently added co2 to my Lido 120 and the plants are all the healthiest I have ever managed.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate.
The algae hasn't take hold and has pretty much gone I think.
I have put the reflectors back on though as the tank looked dark. I put some savu pods in the tank and added some almond bark, so the tank has dis coloured.
I just need a few more bits so I can set up the co2 hopefully I will have it set up next week.

That's gone mental! It looks really well.

Just a word of advice Matt, the tall grass plant looks a lot like mondo grass to me, which is unfortunately a marsh plant, and doesn't do well under submerged conditions. It will eventually rot. Just check some pics online and check if it is mondo grass, but I'm 98% sure.

Back