• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Marsilea Crenata

hudsonpd

I seem to be having difficulty growing the 'dward four leaf clover'. I planted it some time ago and it seemed to start well, sending up small shoots and runners. The runners and shoots kept coming. However, none of the shoots have ever grown higher than 1-2 cm and certainly never developed into 'four leaves' as they should.

The tank has Co2 injected, lime green in the drop checker and I now dose ferts 2-3 times a week. The tank is quite heavily planted. Lights are 4*TMC Grolights; size approx. 200 litres, 1m long and about 50-55 cm deep.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I also seem to be having a few problems with dwarf hair grass and have a bit of an algae problem on the substrate at the moment, with some beard algae off the leaves of some plats. I've recently added 5 Ottos and am trying desparately to find 5 Amano shrimp.

Thanks
Paul

Yep, the four leaf is the emersed form. You're doing well if the runners keep coming. This is a very slow grower IME. I ripped mine out of my main tank literally 1 hour ago because it is doing so little and getting covered in BBA. Have stuck it in a propagator to see if I can grow the emersed form.

Back