• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Journal Mark 3 (Betta Duo)

Manisha

I purchased this in July to home some 'Chilly Raspberries' eventually :)
P_20160705_163308_HDR.jpg

Have only got around to trying to scape,
20160903_211758.jpg

More teeny weeny to come (eventually...)

Hmmm...nice, could be a winning combination:D

Nice scape;)

Thank you Tim, I think it will be our 'household name' for them for ever more ☺

Really like that hardscape, I had the Betta Duo modified like yours without the divider; yours looks 10x better!

Thanks Colin - I really liked your duo & trio conversion & where I got the idea so I should be thanking you! Your scapes are all really good, I think I just got lucky with some really nice pieces of red moor from the lfs ☺ It's hard to find nano wood - so I bought loads when I saw it & have a fair bit left...

Hi Manisha , Love the Hardscape :cool: Can you trim and shape the cut ends of the DW. It will look more natural. The branch in the middle left nearest the front looks more natural ;)

Following

Thanks:D I agree it's a bit 'floaty & in mid air'... but didn't want to add more substrate so hoped I could hide with plants somehow?! Perhaps pelia or Monte Carlo? Trim & shape dw is a great suggestion but unsure how you mean as as inexperiencedl! Using the bow saw out back usually means hack & slash...

Thanks:D I agree it's a bit 'floaty & in mid air'... but didn't want to add more substrate so hoped I could hide with plants somehow?! Perhaps pelia or Monte Carlo? Trim & shape dw is a great suggestion but unsure how you mean as as inexperiencedl! Using the bow saw out back usually means hack & slash...
Kitchen blow torch. :)

Upon advice from Roy - I attempted to soften the look of the driftwood :)

Before...
P_20160927_185731.jpg

After...

P_20160927_194148.jpg

I know, very little difference but will try again - rubbish at the diy aspect :(

Currently running with a few cuttings & a cheap pot of limnophilia sessiliflora - hope to add anubias mini & Bucephalandra mini needle leaf, pelia, Monte Carlo & Crepidomanes malabaricum but not yet as I'm not confident I can maintain daily water changes as required...

Nice! I see you've discovered the light on it is great for growing floating plants lol, or anything really; MC carpeted really well under the stock light

Nice! I see you've discovered the light on it is great for growing floating plants lol, or anything really; MC carpeted really well under the stock light

Yes,stock light isn't bad! Although I find running it with a timer a pain because it always defaults to the moonlight setting...otherwise very pleased :)

Yes,stock light isn't bad! Although I find running it with a timer a pain because it always defaults to the moonlight setting...otherwise very pleased :)

This might sound daft, but did you change the plug socket? I had that, then I tried a different plug and it defaulted to white lol.

I'm sure someone who's an electrician will tell me I'm wrong shortly though

Back