• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Manzy wood to the UK, new shipment

chilled84 said:
Tom i would like something like no 1 and 2 :D

they are for sale:)

Not cheap since they are prime pieces that I likely should save in the private stash or for pallet buyers.
I would call them architecture grade, you could attach a nice steel base and have them as a piece of natural "art" in a home or business.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Those large pieces of wood are amazing Tom, there is not any comparible in the UK.

I am just wondering what does clearance at customs involve? Anyone know? Fees to be paid maybe?

Will you be doing this for the forseeable future.I am interested (seriously) but more likely in the latter half of next year, when i will be moving house.

Thinking of large pieces for my 8x3x2.5(h)ft. I take it then the whole cost of pallet and shipping would be in the region of £850-1000. Serious money, but worth it for the pieces.

Do those large tree roots in the first picture fit into a pallet?

Thanks

Sanj

i have to say this is the most beautiful wood i have ever seen on offer, much finer nicer branch structure than the redmoor, sumatra and ADA Iron wood. (in that order)

i was just wondering how well it has shipped before tom? as it looks like those fine branch structures at the end are very vulnerable on the pallet, especially with how things get treated via air freight, i suppose you could ship a container to one of the retailers over here, maybe you should get talking to AE or Aquajardin, as this wood if definately on par with what they stock ATM. and shipping via a container would be relatively inexpensive compared to air freighting tonnes of the stuff.

Hi tom I would be very very intrested in some of this.... Best wood I've ever seen. I'm going for broke on a new 26lx12hx15w inch tank and this would be great.

Do you do a box say twice the size of my new tank packed like the pallet... I have a 30l as well and smaller bits would be more than welcome.

If you do or could, let me know and I can drop you some £££ :)

Cheers mike

Should have read the whole post!, you explained so no need to again:)

So if I send you a shipping address can you sort me out a box please

And merry Christmas,

Cheers mike

Mrmikey said:
Hogan I'd sort you out with a root buddy... It is Xmas :)
That would be lovely jubbley. :thumbup:
Nice one....Mike its for my nano so the smaller the micro/root tree the better.
I will sort you out with some cash when your ready.
Cheers and a Merry Christmas.
hoggie

sanj said:
there is not any comparible in the UK.

should of tried plantedbox before we closed ;)

fozziebear said:
Aquajardin

maybe, just maybe.

we mustn't forget, that this isn't comparable to ADA iron wood. Their 2 completely different things for different design ideas.

Hi Mark,

should of tried plantedbox before we closed

I did at one time, but for a smaller tank, but at the time I was looking the good pieces had been taken. I was going to wait for another shipment, but now you have closed boo! :(

In this case though I was thinking along the lines of those big roots Tom has, but at a later date. I am not in the position to at the moment. I have not seen the size of roots available in the UK for an 8ft.

hogan53 said:
Mrmikey said:
I will sort you out with some cash when yourready.
hoggie
Hoggie you are more than welcome, hope there will be one in the box that you're happy with, obviously ill send you pics if there is a few bits:)

Mrmikey said:
hogan53 said:
Mrmikey said:
I will sort you out with some cash when your ready.
hoggie
Hoggie you are more than welcome, hope there will be one in the box that you're happy with, obviously ill send you pics if there is a few bits:)
Excellent. :thumbup:
Cant wait.
Cheers Mike

Will there be any more shipments soon? Am just setting up a 180l tank, and cant find the right wood anywhere, this stuff is like goldust!!

I don't mind meeting half the cost of a big shipment and handling distribution of branches if anyone's interested?

sanj said:
Those large pieces of wood are amazing Tom, there is not any comparible in the UK.

I am just wondering what does clearance at customs involve? Anyone know? Fees to be paid maybe?

Will you be doing this for the forseeable future.I am interested (seriously) but more likely in the latter half of next year, when i will be moving house.

Thinking of large pieces for my 8x3x2.5(h)ft. I take it then the whole cost of pallet and shipping would be in the region of £850-1000. Serious money, but worth it for the pieces.

Do those large tree roots in the first picture fit into a pallet?

Thanks

Sanj

A pallet would fill 4 to 6 such aquariums.
Shipping from my end would run about 600$ to London.
Customs fees etc, that's where the gov will get you.

Not sure the fee they charge, 1 pallet at 750$ value.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Mrmikey said:
Hi tom I would be very very intrested in some of this.... Best wood I've ever seen. I'm going for broke on a new 26lx12hx15w inch tank and this would be great.

Do you do a box say twice the size of my new tank packed like the pallet... I have a 30l as well and smaller bits would be more than welcome.

If you do or could, let me know and I can drop you some £££ :)

Cheers mike

Priority mail has a limit of the size they will ship, runs about 100$ a the upper range box sizes.
36x18x18 inches, or L x girth cannot be more than 108 inches, otherwise......it must be a pallet.

FedEx/DHL/UPS will kill you over those sizes also.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Hey Tom, thanks for getting back to me:)

Ok that makes sense... if you could put together a big box that isn't a pallet and youre happy to send I will be more than happy to pay for it.

I'm sure you would anyway but if you put some nice pieces in for my 60l and 30l cube that would be a bonus.

Pm if you like to sort out payment and shipping address.

Cheers mike

Back