• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Making an all in one

LFNfan

Hi
I am currently dosing macros and micros separately. Macros with a pump and micros manually.

I would like to make an AIO for the periods I can't dose manually. Would I just put the same minerals into a single bottle?

My macros is: 8.9g of Solufeed 2.1.4 in 500 ml, dosing 40ml a week in 4 x 10ml doses
My micros is 1.5g of Solufeed sodium free TEC in 500 ml dosing 30ml weekly in 3 x 10ml doses.

My tank is 70L. I also have distilled vinegar and potassium sorbate.

Many thanks in advance!

No, your need to adjust as you’re currently dosing different quantities of macro and micro, as well as at a different frequency. Have you tried working it out using the IFC calculator?

Adding 1.08 grams of the solufeed tec micro mix to the 2:1:4 mix will yield the same amount of Fe (4×10 dose) as the 1.5g 3x10ml dose.
Personally I'd keep the micro mix separate, however, solufeed 2:1:4 mix also contains micro elements, so I suspect solufeed have already added acidify's to there mix to prevent any precipitation.

Thanks @John q .

Unfortunately I don't have easy access to a Windows machine or a mac to use the IFC, otherwise I would have given it a go.

Interesting the 2:1:4 also contains micros - I had not realised that. In that case, perhaps if the tank was only getting the 2:1:4 "macros" (+ some micros) for a few weeks, perhaps it would be OK? Maybe with a dose of micros front-loaded? You can tell I'm in 'holiday planning' mode.

I would like to make an AIO for the periods I can't dose manually. Would I just put the same minerals into a single bottle?
Hey @LFNfan I think you should avoid keeping Fe and P together in one bottle, some forms of Fe (III) will very likely coprecipitate with Phosphorus and coagulate over time.

Yes, I thought that was the issue with mixing them together.

Maybe my 'all in one' is a solution (pardon the pun) looking for a problem. In other words, if my plants will be fine for a few weeks without any micros being dosed, then there's no need for an AIO in the first place.

My macros is: 8.9g of Solufeed 2.1.4 in 500 ml, dosing 40ml a week in 4 x 10ml doses
My micros is 1.5g of Solufeed sodium free TEC in 500 ml dosing 30ml weekly in 3 x 10ml doses.
I mix FE edta and Fe edta & TEC, both Solufeed products together in dilute solution using rain water without issue, but keep separate from macros which contain phosphates.

You tank should be fine over your holiday period.

Thanks @Happi !

I have actually read (and contributed to) that thread! 😳

I must have misread it (badly) originally. I did not realise until I reread just now that you were proposing literally combining as an AIO - but that the products could be 'combined' as part of a system dosed separately / alternately. D'oh!

Back