• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Making a movie

Iain Sutherland

Global Moderator
UKAPS Team
Hey guys, have taken some footage of my tanks to make into a movie but window movie maker doesnt recognise the MVI file type. So i downloaded stoik to swop the format to AVI which worked and i can edit the clips, however when i watch it back it is very low resolution and has been squeezed so the picture isnt in the standard aspect ratio..???

Could anyone using movie maker please let me know the process they use to convert files to edit.... or tell me if im doing something wrong with stoik??

I'm not completely sure but zamzar.com you can convert any file (I think) in to the one you want. I'm not great on pc, so probably wrong! but hope it helps.

Windows movie maker will change the file to a wma for you, when you have finished making the movie, click on the top left and go down to recommend save and it'll do it for you.

it'll change it for you, mine always upload in some file i have never even heard of. Once you click 'recommended save' it will automatically save it as a WMV file. If you're still struggling later, give a a shout and i'll take some screen shots.

I don't like downloading all these free movie making programmes as 1. they are to complicated lol and 2. they are normally packed with ad-ware and crap.

ok, im about to lose the plot.

from sd card i import 1 movie on the desktop in MOV. file type (quicktime)
i have since used WMM to cut the long movie into segments which i saved in a folder called 'movie'.
So i start new project and want to import all the segments into WLMM but when i open the folder 'movie' it says no items match your search!
So from the start button i check by clicking on WLMM and it lists all the segments, click on one and it opens WLMM and plays no problems.
Why cant i import them for editing???

Geez, computers make me want to smash stuff up :twisted:

I dont doubt that this is user error but these things should be simples!!

Back