• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Major shrimp deaths, feeling like giving them up :(

Hi Nick,

I don't think you have isolated the cause for the deaths. Good to hear maybe they have slowed down.

There is something seriously amiss though because I have kept cherries in 0-30 degrees, 0 to very hard water, low to very high CO2, 60% water changes with temp fluctuations of 5 degrees. Once I left some in a bucket in my shed which goes down to -2 during winter with no filter etc and they still survived and even bred a little. The very same shrimp dropped like flies when I put them in a Fluval edge I bought second hand. I could never keep ANY fish or shrimp in that tank no matter how hard I tried for 3 years. I have never been happier to find a tank leaking one day! I never reused that filter.

I am confident that the shrimp are now doing well, berried females are a good sign. Hopefully, I can now start enjoying the tank more :)

With the help of the forum, I have ruled out anything catastrophic such as copper or other water parameters. I think a big issue was trying to do everything as others were, or I had seen on the web, I have not settled into a routine that seems to be working for me.
Curious to know if you ever got to the bottom of the Fluval Edge issue? (apologies to Nick for the tangent)

Bg
No bother at all :)

Back