• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lush cavern ... going Moulin Rouge

A

Anonymous

Ahoy!

After having a hard time with the other aquarium (water beyond 32+ degrees Celsius) and because I need to give it a break so the plants can recover I've wanted to focus my energy to another project that I've been postponing for a long time.

The tank is 200x210x175mm ultra clear glass holding around 7 liters of water, I've bought it from a friend who did amazing things with it so I need to scape it better than him and this is a huge challenge for me.

So I've grabbed a pencil and I've drawn this:

15zq7k.jpg

I have most of the materials but I still struggle to find all the plants that I need so I'll start it after September 10th after I return from my vacation.

I hope you like it and I'll keep you updated. :)

Cheers,
Mike

Re: Lush cavern 7l

If you're having problems keeping the temperature down with your other tank then this one will cause a real problem being only 7L :wideyed:

The biggest issue is to make it as natural as possible, regarding temperature I hope that starting this setup after the middle of September I don't have problems with the temperature, until then I can start building the frame that holds the cavern. Next year I hope I have enough money for an AC unit.

Cheers,
Mike

I won't start the 7l tank yet, I have all the materials for it but I really don't think that I have time for yet another tank in my house so I've decided to do this 'scape in my new "optiwhite" like tank 70x35x30 that's replacing my old ugly scratched 80x35x40 (I do have to travel 200km next week to get it, if it's ready, hopefully) in the meantime I need to figure it out how to make the skeleton that sustains the whole thing .. I'll use bamboo with other wood inserts and some coconut net to sustain the substrate, I'm wondering if I'll be able to bend the bamboo, I have some ideas but .. anyway I'll keep you updated.

Best,
Mike

Re: Lush cavern 70x35x30

Yes interesting, challenging and has to be done before May to enter it into IAPLC (if I'm lucky this year) :)

What I have now is:
- ADA Power Sand Special
- ADA Forest Sand Orinocco
- ADA Amazonia 1 normal and powder only 1l .. have to order more unfortunately from abroad.
- plants are not a problem, I still have a nice collection and my friends could help me with others if I need more.
- A 4x24w t5 lamp but I'll use just 2 lights on for 5h daily (I want to replace it with a 70W MH unit in the future)
- external filter & a broad collection of powerheads (I can go up to 30x turnover if needed). :)
- ferts N, P, K and Trace Mix Plus but I think I'll go into ADA Green Brighty ...

This setup will not feature CO2 addition, I don't think it's needed, I'm good at low techs and I have some plants adapted to this conditions that I want to use here.

More in the next episode :)

Alright the tank is ready, I need to travel this weekend 600km though to get it :lol:

I've also ordered from aquasabi.de:
- ADA Amazonia 1 Normal
- ADA Green Brighty Step 1
- Some clear hose

For decor I bought some bamboo sticks for the cavern base. I have to buy today a wood basket and break it into pieces to make the rest of the cavern frame.

Also some friend of mine ordered some clear plexi tubing that I need to bend and make the inlet and outlet of the filter, first time bending plexi, hopefully I'll do it right. Any ideas how I should do that are welcome.

Keep in touch,
Mike

Me too mate, I don't have a clue how this is going to look, but I think this way is more challenging :).
Today I'll buy a new cabinet for this tank and I'll start playing around with the gravel, but before that I still need to do some modification to the "mushroom" (former cavern) :lol:

Well for the first time no more yellowing the next day :) (hate changing the water everyday) still some surface scum though but time will solve em all.

Added UG to the tank yesterday and did some small plant moving, planning Friday to move some moss into the tank and take a snap, unfortunately I wanted to do that today BUT my old tripod decided to take the leap of faith so I have to wait for the new one to arrive (this one -> CULLMANN MAGNESIT 525 in particular) :)

Keep in touch,
Mike

I won't do another with equipments in :)

2qxyubn.jpg

Mike

Back