• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ludwigia repens?

bridgey_c

The lfs thought it was a lobelia, presumably cardinalis. Is it this or ludwigia repens? The more images I look at the more unsure I am.

any thoughts?

8564032493_acfc02f0d2_z_d.jpg

cheers mark,

I was interested because I wanted to have a go at growing this emersed.

To do this properly would I cut a couple of inches from the top of a stem and plant this in water with just the tops of the leaves showing? I surely couldnt just pop a stem in some wet substrate and cover it....

I'm experimenting growing a few plants emersed at the moment, first time of trying it. One of the plants is ludwigia repens "Rubin" and all I have done is place is in a glass vase with potting soil in, water to the top of the soil and planted the stems, cover with cling film and voila. It's doing very well too :)

thanks for the advice guys.

I have some HC and UG growing emersed in a glass vase too and they are doing pretty well. I tried a small stem of this Lud Repens in with them this afternoon and within half an hour the whole thing had wilted and lay flat so I automatically thought it was a mistake. thats why I thought they might need water to support the stem. I will try tim's method tonight with just two leaves and the roots.

cheers

Back