• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low tech Betta aquascape

Aqua360

Hi all,

quick video of my low tech Betta tank, it's a modified Aqua One Betta Trio; no co2 or liquid carbon, just 50% water change once a week, liquid TNC plant ferts, and minimal feeding.

Plants are varieties of anubias, java fern, moss balls, and a monte carlo carpet :)

That is a stylish way to keep a betta. I wish more beginners and shops would do it like this.

I don't think you need 50% weekly changes but no harm.

When the cherries breed, betta will get live feed! Brilliant!!

That is a stylish way to keep a betta. I wish more beginners and shops would do it like this.

I don't think you need 50% weekly changes but no harm.

It's overkill, but it kind of assures me I'm battling any creeping nitrates as best I can, that and combined with the pothos in the back compartment haha.

That is one happy fish! What else do you have in there with him?

Sent from my Huawei-U8687 using Tapatalk

Just a bunch of red cherries :) it's easily my favourite tank I've owned, dead simple, healthy plants; shrimp and Betta, and I love aqua ones tanks, I think the back compartments are fantastic if like me, you hate the idea of water travelling outside of the tank or ugly internal filters

Nice tank, sometimes the simplest setups give the most pleasure running.

When I've kept both together previously the Betta was partial to adult RCS as well. Will be interesting to see if he acquires the taste, hopefully not though.

Nice tank, sometimes the simplest setups give the most pleasure running.

When I've kept both together previously the Betta was partial to adult RCS as well. Will be interesting to see if he acquires the taste, hopefully not though.

I've seen this Betta looking at baby shrimp, and ignore them entirely; seems he prefers his Dennerle pellets, for now at least lol

Looks great. How are you finding the monte carlo? I'm looking at starting a low tech nano myself this seemed the obvious choice for the carpet.

Looks great. How are you finding the monte carlo? I'm looking at starting a low tech nano myself this seemed the obvious choice for the carpet.

It's great, no co2, moderate lighting with light ferts; and it's growing steadily for me :)

Got to appreciate this tank Colin, the inhabitants must be happy and the slow easy way your betta was swimming suggests contentment.

He's some character, doesn't bother my red cherries; just patrols his territory, sometimes flaring at his reflection at the back lol. By far the most beautiful Betta I've had yet :)

Looking good :D

are you quite sure about the

Mr Betta looks well rounded :wideyed:

Can you check the first vid - it seems very slow to load
(I gave up)

:lol: I noticed that myself recently...I hope Mr Betta isn't eating red cherry shrimplets!

He's on a diet now haha

He's some character, doesn't bother my red cherries; just patrols his territory, sometimes flaring at his reflection at the back lol. By far the most beautiful Betta I've had yet :)
Very nice fish...maybe he has narcissistic personality disorder and is too busy looking at his own reflection to bother your shrimp...:cool:

Wow great tank. I envy to your ability to keep only one fish in such big tank. Maybe I need to try kep only betta male for a while.

It's only 32 litres :D plus he has some cherry shrimp pals lol, I used to struggle with not overstocking, but it's nice to just see the Betta relaxed and not stressed by fast moving nippers etc

Back