• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Low iron/optiwhite aquariums

MrMellow

Seedling
Hey,

I'm not very happy with my current tank because of the low quality glass giving off a greenish hue. Where are the best places to purchase low iron/optiwhite tanks either online (not from TGM) or in the South East of the UK? No bigger than 120L and with matching cabinet preferably.

Regards

Last edited:
You could try the TMC Signature range - good quality glass with a beautiful flush cabinet :)

You could try the TMC Signature range - good quality glass with a beautiful flush cabinet :)

I second this, bought myself a TMC signature 60x45x45 last year with the matching grey cabinet and really pleased with it! The only things I would change are the fact I bought the 45 high and would now have bought the 30 high instead. I did this because at the time I was just renting a room from someone and wanted the biggest volume I could get but could not go wider than 60. I therefore bought the taller, but I find it hard to do hardscape with those dimensions (thats my lack of ability as much as anything), I think it is easier to scape with the panoramic\letter box shaped tank.

Another consideration with the TMC is that there are only gaps for pipes to come in and out at the back. I modded the right side of my cabinet with two desk grommets from ebay and a jigsaw which you can see if you go through my journal linked below.

Great suggestions! I was initially looking at the Aqua One range but couldn't find a supplier, thanks Greenfinger. I did find the TMC signature series on TGM but the price put me off. Found them elsewhere for much less, £150 for the 120L and £140 for the matching cabinet.

I went in to one of my LFS in Aberdeen and asked them for a price on the TMC tank and cabinet. Even though they did not usually stock TMC, their supplier could get it and they quoted the same as the cheapest I had seen online. For me, I found being able to pick it up locally easier than having it shipped and worrying about glass coming by courier, so worth checking with your LFS as well.

I would prefer to support a LFS, but I ride a motorbike so getting the tank home would be a massive issue. I guess if they could deliver then I'd take that route instead of buying from an online warehouse.

Haha, yeah, that could be tricky! I did still have issues getting mine home, because the shop thought they were being helpful by building the flat pack cabinet for me. I arrived with an old Mondeo saloon, so although the boot was big, as I didn't have the hatchback the cabinet would not fit through in to the boot! I ended up with the cabinet in the back seat, the tank on the front seat and a friend sat in the back seat with one hand on the cabinet and the other through to the front holding the tank. What a fiasco! Thankfully it was only a 2 minute drive.

Would you rate these as being good for the money then?

Looking at getting one but all the lfs dont have any stock to show and will only get on in if I buy :p

I think there fab nice clear glass and neat silicone and a great price The Tank is very well packet And its deliver too your door :D

Here's a photo best close up I have at the moment.

018_zpsrfsefhhw.jpg

Back