• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Resolved! long loading

limz_777

does anyone have problem with firefox browser ? take very long to load pages , any settings i need to look out for ?

I'm using the latest FF without any issues. I would have a look at your plugins, it could be something like an Anti-Virus\Anti-Malware plugin that is scanning pages before loading possibly.

Try starting FF in Safe Mode, that disables all the plugins. If the problem goes away, you know it is one of your plugins, you then unfortunately need to disable them all and try enabling one at a time to see which one is the offending plugin. It's a case of trial and error.

Some info on Safe Mode here:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/k...safe-mode#w_how-to-start-firefox-in-safe-mode

I'm using the latest FF without any issues. I would have a look at your plugins, it could be something like an Anti-Virus\Anti-Malware plugin that is scanning pages before loading possibly.

Precisely.

Also You´ll need to configure your Internet Security/Anti Virus to acept FF as a reliable aplication. specially if it is Kaspersky!

The thing you notice on FF now is being reported all over the world.
Maybe those guys made an update or changes and you´ll need also to get a FIX tool via FF itself or simple reconfigure it or in extreme case delete by the "Control Panel" Add remover programs and reinstall it.

I my self at home did have the same problem a few days ago. As i´m for no middle solutions i simple delete and reinstal eh eh eh.

i dont have any anti virus installed , using FF 35.0.1 latest ? , tried safe mode still loads long , odd ....

i dont have any anti virus installed , using FF 35.0.1 latest ? , tried safe mode still loads long , odd ....

That could well be your problem! Download the free trial of Malwarebytes and do a full scan of your system, I often find that "unusual" performance issues are often attributed to malware issues. Strange that it would only affect this site if that is definitely the case, but that would be a good place to start.

Press ctrl alt delete and see in the TASK manager what aplications are running and memory required.

anti virus installed

You should know the risks.. and don´t even think a free anti virus solve a thing..
Maybe you already are no longer in control of your pc..
I recomend to buy a oficial Karspersky and run on the pc.

I´m not saying that this is the problem of the FF. I´m only advising you of probabilities. You may become aware of keylogger, trojans and other stuff..
Not being protected is a bad.. people try to among a few bucks avoiding buy an oficial AV or IS and most of them end up buying a new pc.. or pay quite a lot for repair. More than it costs a AV or IS.

Think about it.
Best regards.

ok tried the reinstall , still the same , surprised to see my bookmark didnt get deleted ? and same plug-ins ?

yes , quite lazy these days to solve keyloggers ,trojans ,virus issue , usually i reformat the whole hdisk

by the way , i am only having problem on this website , others is smooth like butter

Last edited:
We are getting some reports of a viral toolbar that silently installs in FF, when you visit a website and this reports your browsing habits to a 3rd party so it can send targeted adverts. It is the extra delays in toolbar causing slowness issues. Reports still present in safe mode.

same problem with ie and tried chrome , seem worse loading thou ,FF much faster , did a scan with malwarebytes -didnt work .

what viral toolbar might that be ? any name ?

currently now i scanning with spybot -search and destroy , see if it helps

Just tried all the browsers, Firefox is the fastest for me, all seem to load pretty fast! Had an issue with Kaspersky slowing down access to some sites, which I have now eliminated by using Microsoft Security Essentials which for me is more than enough to protect my system and its free!

London.. if those free AV or IS were trully reliable you didn´t have major companys like Kaspersky or Mcfeee developing produtcs.. they spent millions on it.
That Microsoft as for others similar, acts by reaction and not by preventiion.

This means that for a certain conection, web, trojan keyl or virus aything to be part of those Data bases of any free AV or IS some thousands were first infected. And only after that is recognised and inserted on their data bases.

And this is where Kaspersky is better than others. Cause it prevents more acurate following all conections deeply but deeply more on the web or aplication.

I did experiments with a page that i knew was infected, pretty much loaded of malware, virus, and other stuff. No free AV or even some like Micro or Panda did detect a damn thing ;) Also did experiments on Torrents and the same hapen.
Only Kaspersky.

As i mentioned.. you may think Microsft protect you... and yes it does but at a low level.
Not even governments and banks are safe.. imagine us.

Best regards

Thanks for the feedback Paulo, a strong AV package is good off course no doubt about that and Kaspersky for sure is still the best in the market.

Depends on user know-how also, most people just click on "OK" or "Yes" to anything that pops up, or click on every link that they receive via email. Therefore an AV package helps.

To be honest don't have any issues with viruses, do run CCleaner just to maintain an healthy system and run some malware appliacations which AV packages fail to detect those anyway.

Abraco

Last edited:
Depends on user know-how also, most people just click on "OK" or "Yes" to anything that pops up, or click on every link that they receive via email. Therefore an AV package helps.

Eh eh eh that´s the real problem! Oh yes indeed!

"Oh it looks funnyyyyy!!! let´s see... click click.. open a window.. more click click open another window.. more clicks... "

thanks for the input guys , i given up , guess i just make more effort by double refresh

what viral toolbar might that be ? any name ?
It was a search extender toolbar that was silently installed, when user browsed somewhere they shouldn't have by accident. Say you search on Amazon for a DVD, the user was then getting popups, from system tray, offering the same DVD at a cheaper price (completely uselessly in $ though) from web sites no one has ever heard of. Only present in the users account and did not need administrator privileges to install. Easily fixed by killing the user, so they won't do it again and shouting once again "in a corporate environment though shalt only use IE 11 where we manage it (and watch what you are doing well not actually but poops enough pants....)...".

We have seen similar under Chrome, where the authors of a legitimate toolbar (post code mapping toolbar) were mysteriously bought out and the tool bar was repurposed as an advert serving engine. Same updated toolbar didn't work in IE as MS didn't digitally sign it, so failed to update correctly. Thank goodness the group policy of enforcing signed code.

Also seen a re-complied Chrome installation .EXE files that were pre-infected, not just a Chrome installation wrapped in a virus, but actually built in. Also installable by a user without administrative privileges, so users get a "to see this kitten video, you must install Chrome, click here"....Bang user account gone... Also installed a proxy and remapped IE to it, so when user thought Chrome was misbehaving and went back to IE it did the same, except usually went wrong and page was incomplete and obviously wrong...

All were sorted user Sysinternals Autoruns, to see what was being loaded and where, deleting startup file and the remainder .EXE and .DLL got via standard virus checkers. Also Windows to Go booted on USB with virus checkers is handy...

Last edited:
Back