• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Long light or spots?

Sacul

Hi.
I have a 300l tank which at the moment is low tech. I did have it fully co2 injected and had some good plant growth but I think what was lacking was the light.
It's the aqua one 300l with standard light and a smaller fluval plant light.
The tank is 1.5m long and 60cm high.

I've been trying to find a light that will get me around 50 -100 PAR at the substrate.

Is there any recommendations for an led light that will span the 1.5m or is there any spots that may be better?

Thanks

Hi.
I have a 300l tank which at the moment is low tech. I did have it fully co2 injected and had some good plant growth but I think what was lacking was the light.
It's the aqua one 300l with standard light and a smaller fluval plant light.
The tank is 1.5m long and 60cm high.

I've been trying to find a light that will get me around 50 -100 PAR at the substrate.

Is there any recommendations for an led light that will span the 1.5m or is there any spots that may be better?

Thanks
Blink and the Chinese will knock out another light. .

Thank you for the reply. I take it that light will be a fair bit brighter than the standard light I have. And as far as growing goes, would I be able to grow a carpet at 60cm deep? With co2 without it trying to reach for the light

Thank you for the reply. I take it that light will be a fair bit brighter than the standard light I have. And as far as growing goes, would I be able to grow a carpet at 60cm deep? With co2 without it trying to reach for the light
Should... It isn't " the strongest" light. About equiv. to a 4-5 tube t5 setup and par at about 18" should be over 100.
50 at the bed seems easy enough.
Having not tested the light ( or others afaict) it is an estimated guess.
The good points are they supposedly use 90 cri whites and if course 660nm red.
Price is fair and you can choose how much automation at a decent price. Wifi unit is $33- ish US.
Uses a Meanwell power supply in metal
Bad point is it def isn't as " color flexible" as other lights.
Probably little waterproofness.

2 would be a killer. :)

You could use AI prime freshwater blades at like 3* the cost.

Or 2 Chihiros wrgb2 60 cm pros ( best fit) at $329US each and 150 total watts.
75*2.

There are loads of high output floods that are cheap ( more ways than 1) if you don't care about the looks as much.
Non-aquarium lights,though perfectly useable are not really my forte.
RGB w " Hugh/Tuya" type stuff as well. Maybe others can chime in?

Last edited:
I think to be honest that light looks pretty good for what I want. I'm not growing anything that's seriously demanding. It would be nice to get a carpet growing so hopefully it can do that as I already have aqua soil and ferts and co2 ready to put back on so the light which is a lot better than I already have should help alot.

Probably little waterproofness
Definitely not waterproof. I do have the light and it is quite nice especially with the wi fi unit. I can't get very technical about it but I keep it on 40% on top of two tanks ( they are only 30cm high) and growth is quite good. I keep the balance somewhere at 70% white 30% red and the colors are quite pleasant. Especially the ludwigia super red mini and rotala blood sg.
Now I don't know if I'd pay that much money on it. I've bought it second hand for 30 euros, so yeah...
@Sacul if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer also send videos photos if you want.

Good luck!

Definitely not waterproof. I do have the light and it is quite nice especially with the wi fi unit. I can't get very technical about it but I keep it on 40% on top of two tanks ( they are only 30cm high) and growth is quite good. I keep the balance somewhere at 70% white 30% red and the colors are quite pleasant. Especially the ludwigia super red mini and rotala blood sg.
Now I don't know if I'd pay that much money on it. I've bought it second hand for 30 euros, so yeah...
@Sacul if you have any questions I'll try my best to answer also send videos photos if you want.

Good luck!
Nice buy....

Thank you. I've been looking around at prices of other lights and I think I'm going to buy it. Price wise compared to other lights it doesnt seem too bad. I'm just kind of hoping the specs are correct

Well I bought it and it has arrived! So far I am happy with it. Time will tell how good it actually is! Only downfall is the fan in the power supply is a little noisy.

Attachments

• 20230515_191609~2.jpg
    20230515_191609~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 71
Well I bought it and it has arrived! So far I am happy with it. Time will tell how good it actually is! Only downfall is the fan in the power supply is a little noisy.
That photo is just the white channel?

Yes it is. I can get some more photos of the grow channel and post them a bit later

Back