• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

limescale everywhere in the tank

csuvi

i live in an area with very hard water. used this 30l tank mostly for babies (corys, danios).

in the last couple of months their seems to be a lot of limescale developing inside the tank, not just on the top, but pretty much everywhere. currently there is 2 small sterbai living in there. is the limescale harmful for the corys, should i take them out?

i cleaned the tank 2 weeks ago, but it all came back very quickly. i used this tank for almost 1 year, but this has never happened, only recently. any advice on how to get rid of it, and chemicals i can add to the water, which are not harmful to the fish, but could solve the problem?

20230219_195201 copy.jpg

Attachments

• 20230219_195201 copy.jpg
    20230219_195201 copy.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 110
Your plants and algae are forced to use HCO3- (instead of CO2) and that may lead up to CaCO3 precipitation.
Pleeeease, don't hesitate and get reverse osmosis. You'll discover quite a new, beautiful world.:cool:

As it’s only a small tank is there any way you can collect rainwater for it? After Darrels helpful suggestion that’s what I’ve mostly been using in my 60L and 37L Nano’s. Depending how much tap water I add I can get a little limescale but not much and it’s easily removed. My Corydoras, shrimps and plants are all thriving.

Back