• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis roots

Worshiper

Hi UKAPS people!

I needed some advice on Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis. Do I need to cut the side shoots and separate the baby plantlets to encourage better growth(for a lawn effect)?

I add C02 and EI and root tabs however the growth is very slow, I have had it for 6 months now and just a few signs of growth.

Appreciate the advice!

Thanx

You should tell your SET UP and Ei doses an d CO2 values.
Other wise we can´t help you.

You should not separate the new plantlets (sideshoots) from main plant. The unity will perform as "a whole" this way and likely produce more growth, faster.
Lill. brass. is definetely not known for its rapid growth, though ............so patience need to be added :cigar::happy:

Alltough you should revue why is the growth compromised or so shiny.
Only with full layout or set up

You should not separate the new plantlets (sideshoots) from main plant. The unity will perform as "a whole" this way and likely produce more growth, faster.
Lill. brass. is definetely not known for its rapid growth, though ............so patience need to be added :cigar::happy:

I agree with Mick, while separating side shoots can allow you to spread the microswords across the aquarium, their growth rate will get hindered.

My experience with Microswords and Anubias can confirm this. When I got my first pot of Anubias Nana Petite, I had experienced slow growth since the plant was not so big. However, as the years went on and it grew more and more leaves and side shoots, the plant picked up its growth rate because it had more leaves for photosynthesis, to gather nutrients, light and CO2 etc. I imagine if I split the Anubias, its growth would slow down.

My experience of Orchids will also back this up, Orchids with more pseudobulbs joining together will provide very good amount of energy to the growing points of the plants and also allow for constant flowering. While if pseudobulbs were split, it would not likely to flower on its own, instead spending most of its time trying to produce more pseudobulbs which can take a long time due to the lack of support of reserved energy.

Yeah my tank is an explosion of growth... Except for the LB. It's growing but so so slowly. So much so that I'm tempted to swop it out for some MC... ;)

Back