• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting options on custom tank

Hi all,

Another point occurred to me overnight.
Do you have this tank already, or are you in the process of getting it?
As for a scaping tank, 35cm width is very narrow in the compartment to the height of 60cm. It will be very difficult to create a nice aquascape/get a sense of depth.

I will repeat my important question: will it be a tank with cover/hood or open top? Cover/hood narrowing options to not many and more expensive.

Week Aqua for instance P900 would be a very good option, but only from China, where you risk custom chargers. Unless you will take 3x 60cm, then it is less likely you will be charged extra.
Open top with sliding glass panels

Hi all,

Another point occurred to me overnight.
Do you have this tank already, or are you in the process of getting it?
As for a scaping tank, 35cm width is very narrow in the compartment to the height of 60cm. It will be very difficult to create a nice aquascape/get a sense of depth.
This I get, but I’m trying to maximise the limited space I have available. Both time and space is something most of us wish we had more of. I’ve learned to work on the edge of what I have rather than wish I had more

Keep in mind the audience here is a little tipped towards the fancy aquascape with CO2 which tends to come with more expensive lighting - what are you actually aiming for? There is quite a wide spectrum of people with planted tanks. There is a lot of lighting that's cheaper and will grow low tech easy plants just fine, but would struggle with a lush carpet at 60cm deep.

Back