• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting for aquascaper 900 tank

roryf

Hi,

I am currently in the process of purchasing an aquascaper 900 tank, I have most things planned however I cant decide on a light for the tank, I know most people use dual kessils 180's, however I don't have £400 to spend on lighting right now!

I am looking at buying a finnex planted + 24/7 light for the tank (can get 1 for $100).

Do you think this is enough, or should I buy 2 of them? I really would like to keep it LED so the energy usage stays low too!

Please let me know what you think!

Regards, Rory.

If you want consistent lighting front to back across the 50cm width, you'll need 2 "standard" LED units such as Chihiros (likely most budget friendly, especially if in the U.K. re local warehouse)

If you're planning a sand area along the tank front, just begin with a single light unit.
One advantage of 2 light units would be the ability to control light intensity between front & back units ("shaded" area & "bright sunlight" etc)

I'd look at the new Twinstar ES series (I prefer the color rendition on this brand) - check Twinstar Iberica FB page
You can also see some of their lights in tank journals, eg

Luis Cardosa Roots - ADA 45P
Nino M. Aquascaping workshops

If you want consistent lighting front to back across the 50cm width, you'll need 2 "standard" LED units such as Chihiros (likely most budget friendly, especially if in the U.K. re local warehouse)

If you're planning a sand area along the tank front, just begin with a single light unit.
One advantage of 2 light units would be the ability to control light intensity between front & back units ("shaded" area & "bright sunlight" etc)

I'd look at the new Twinstar ES series (I prefer the color rendition on this brand) - check Twinstar Iberica FB page
You can also see some of their lights in tank journals, eg

Luis Cardosa Roots - ADA 45P
Nino M. Aquascaping workshops

Thanks Alto,

I am looking at the twinstar light now, I think 1 would be plenty for me right now (if I need another one in the future ill buy it then).

the light itself looks lovely and im sure would be perfect for my tank!

Cheers, Rory.

I'm in a similar situation as the op. Curious as to where you can get them Finnex lights in the UK. Thanks and good luck

Back